How to disable EQ

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
SonicTransporter running Roon 1.8, b178

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Devialet 400 running Air

Description Of Issue
When I click to show audio stream it says that Equalizer is on with a -6dB drop, but I cannot find where to disable that. In the DSP window everything shows as disabled:

Look into the configuration/manual of your Devialet Expert.

This is strange… As far as I know, Devialet AIR protocol is not sending to Roon any Devialet tone setting (like RAAT is doing).
Still, you should check your Devialet tone settings.

Hi @Gustavo_Gabaldon

The EQ shown in the signal path is after the Devialet, this indicates it is not Roon performing it.
Hence the comments above.

You long press one of the remote buttons and then you can scroll through the settings. They show up in the little window. Sometimes you can set a button as a short cut to the eq on devialet I think.

Hmm, I did not figure that, thanks all, I will check into it and update

1 Like

Hmm, I just turned off and on the Devialet and the filter is no longer there. Did not update the Devialet configuration in any way. I think this may be an issue with Roon. The said filter did not appear before. Still, if it appeared or not it did not seem to affect the sound,

I found out that the Devialet had a filter after all. In startup on General Settings on the devialet Configurator, it had the subsonic filter on. I turned off and now the bass is better and there is no mention of a filter on the Roon Audio chain.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.