I like to listen to cover versions of some of my favourite songs.
I usually do a search for the song, select the “More” option under “Tracks”, select all tracks using Ctrl-A and play everything on the list, skipping some tracks as I go along.
I thought I’d share an easier way to play cover songs that’s more convenient than this.
- Search for the song
- Under “Tracks” select the “More” option
- Select all tracks using Ctrl-A
- Unselect all unwanted tracks using Ctrl-Left click (on Windows); this may include tracks with similar names and duplicate tracks
- Click on “…” in the top left corner and select “Add to playlist”
- Select “+New playlist” and name it “Song Title playlist”
Hint: If you name it “- Song Title playlist” (i.e., with “-” or another non-alphanumeric character at the start) it will appear near the top of your Playlists in “My Stuff”
- You can further refine the saved playlist by re-ordering, deleting or adding tracks later
You can find the saved playlist by either:
• Selecting Playlists in “My Stuff” +/- use the Filter
• Searching for the song; scroll down to Playlists (it’s usually the first option)
You can also refer to this Roon KB article if you need more explanation on certain points: