How to edit credits

Hi,

I’m an audio engineer with a few big album under my belt but I never made it in the “big shot” league.

Still, I recorded and mixed many albums, unfortunately I’m not always credited properly but that’s life.
When I look at an album that I worked on (and am properly credited for), I see my name in the credits under production, but if I click on my name it only shows me a few albums I worked on that are on my local drive.

I would very much like to click on my name and see everything I worked on in my career that is on Qobuz or Tidal.

I remember editing a few local album that aren’t available on streaming to add my name in the credits, could this have messed things up?

Also, what if I want to add a public description of myself, who do I need to contact to add these info?

Hey @Mathieu_Dulong,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. We can totally understand your desire to have your hard work reflected in the credits for albums you’ve had a hand in creating.

One thing to note here is that changes that you make individually to Roon album credits aren’t reported back to metadata providers. They simply allow you to groom your collection and content so that you can access and interact with it more to your individual preferences.

You can however, submit corrections to album credits in Allmusic and edit information in MusicBrainz as well as Discogs. Those corrections could filter out into the data used by metadata providers and correct some of the uneven crediting you seen on these titles.

I hope this helps you on your way to successfully updating some of the recording you’ve participated in. :+1:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.