How to find PS Audio Bridge ii via Roon?

I can’t figure out how to play my roon files via my Bridge II (PS Audio Direct stream DAC). It worked perfectly with JRiver. What am i doing wrong or not seeing?

rr

Can you screenshot your ‘Audio’ screen in Roon settings, to show what devices are visible to your Roon Core?

Settings > Audio > Networked >

I’m brand new at this, so forgive my ignorance. Here is the image.

Hmmm it should definitely be showing up under ‘networked’ there.

And you mentioned Jriver can play direct to your Bridge II, so the network connection is good.

Time to flag @support for some help.

What version of Bridge II firmware are you running?

1 Like

I had a similar problem. If you don’t already have the latest software, download and install (it’s on the PS Audio website. What worked for me was to shut the entire system down, not just the DAC but the whole electronics including the router, then restart.

The unit says everything is up to date. REdcloud 2.9.14.

rr

Red Cloud is the operating system. The Bridge II update is a separate thing. That one should be at 3.3.3 or at the current version which is 3.4.5.

1 Like

with RC 3.4.5 on I can confirm that Roon sees the PS Audio no problem. At least in my case with a DSjr.

Hi @Russell_Reising ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us.

I wanted to check in with you to see if any progress has been made with the advice given by the other users in this thread (Thanks everyone!). Let me know and I will be glad to lend a hand.

-Eric

1 Like

thanks so much for checking up, Eric. I sorted it all out with Jeremy at PS Audio yesterday. Great help from the community.

rr

1 Like

So what was the cause?

It seems that there was a problem within the Bridge II, and a different issue with my laptop. I’m not sure, but it took us a good hour to figure it out. Jeremy at PS Audio was brilliant, patient and knowledgeable. Thanks for staying in the loop.

rr

Glad you got it working.