How to get Roon working on Naim system

Sonore UPnP bridge makes Roon see the NDS as a squeezebox endpoint rather than a RAAT endpoint. Furthermore I don’t think muso are a RAAT endpoint either rather AirPlay.

I can’t think of any simple way to sync muso and NDS with Roon. The Sonore works quite well otherwise from a SQ perspective from what I’ve read.

.sjb

I was in exactly the same situation. How to get Roon on my NDS? I looked at various options, very much informed through this community and settled on the Sonore UPnP bridge.

Before I ordered the Sonore I did try a Google Chromecast Audio and a Sonos Connect both connected to the NDS digital inputs. Neither were comparable to the Naim App and the UPnP stream.

The Sonore was simple to install and I compared the sound quality from Roon using the Sonore vs. the Naim app and there is zero difference between the 2, that is into a Naim 282/250.2 combination.

I have not tried any of the other products using the NDS as a DAC apart from the above. If you like the sound of the NDS and want Roon capability, the Sonore UPnP bridge is the way to go from my experience.

2 Likes

I found this to be the same for my ND5XS/nDAC combo. First tried Chromecast Audio and my old Squeezebox Touch but these didn’t match UPnP Asset via the Naim App. With the Sonore UPnP Bridge Roon is of equal quality. And now the inclusion of Qobuz of which I have HiFi Sublime + makes for a seamless music experience.

1 Like