How to Group 3 DEVIALET PHANTOM and 3 CHROMECAST Audio End Points

Hello,

I have 2 DEVIALET PHANTOM in a Living Room and 1 PHANTOM in a Bedroom and I plan to add 3 much less expensive speakers in kitchen, bathroom, and balcony.

I was thinking of buying 3 CHROMECAST Audio and plug them into 3 cheap active speakers (for example KANTO YU4 or SYD) … The final objective is to play the same sound in all rooms.

But I have read it’s not possible to GROUP 3 AirPlay devices (the DEVIALET PHANTOM are considered as AirPlay devices by ROON) and 3Chromecast Audio endpoints at the same time?

Which solution would you recommend to add cheap speakers in other rooms and on a balcony?

Alternative solution: If I buy a pair of KEF LSX, is it possible to Group it with the AIRPLAY devices (DEVIALET PHANTOM) with ROON?

Thanks for your support.

You can only group like Zones. There is a discussion about Phantoms here. Unless you think Devialet are about to solve their Roon Ready Issues, I’d suggest 6 streaming devices to create RAAT Zones. There are various options discussed in the Phantom thread. I use an Allo DigiOne Player running Ropieee in one system and find it trouble free.

+1 for the Roon Bridge solution. I use something similar to @andybob with my Devialet Phantom and it is pretty close to bullet proof.
You might pay a little bit more going the RAAT-based Roon Bridge, but it will work great with Roon and you can put anything at the end of it. This gives you a lot of latitude for your endpoints.

Thanks for your answers, but unfortunately I’m absolutely not a Raspberry expert and I can’t code such devices. All the posts you indicated looks Chinese language for me :frowning:
In addition, I’m not going to spend 250$ x 6 devices to listen music on the balcony :slight_smile:

I could continue running the 3 DEVIALET PHANTOM with AirPlay and I have found these Airplay devices that I could use to make the active cheap speakers Airplay ready… They look like a Chromecast Audio, but for Airplay …

AUDIOCAST Airplay: https://audiocast.io/

REDMONDPIE:
Add AirPlay And Google Cast Audio To Turn ANY Dumb Speaker Smart With This Dongle

Software Castbridge™ enables you to Cast audio to your Chromecast from unsupported apps on Mac and iOS. https://castbridge.io/

What do you think? Would that work if I make all the other Speakers Airplay Ready?

Any other alternative? Thanks for your support.

I use a HifiBerry DAC (with Raspberry Pi3B+) as my ROON certified endpoint
It’s very easy to install, just extract "RopieeXL"image on your SD card, and place it in the Rasberry Pi (with the HiFiBerry DAC attached)
you can control it remotely with your tablet,phone or laptop.
This solution is Roon Certified,and works like a dream,
the best is the price, for around 150 dollars complete :slight_smile: