How to link Apple's iPod pro on an iMac (Intel) with Ventura?

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I saw that Airplay-Devices can be added easily while iPod’s are Bluetooth. Could this be a reason?
Strange enough: on my iPhone 8 I can switch from speaker to the earphones, while on the iMac 27" 2019 with Ventura 13.0 I cannot switch the output from speakers to the earphones (iPods pro). Any trick?
Kind regards
Felix

I believe you need to set a Roon zone in Settings → Audio to your 2019 iMac system output, then connect your AirPods to be your default system output in the Audio dropdown list on your iMac. Roon should play to them directly then.

Thank you Robert: There seem to be two issues:

a) While with i-Tunes I properly can switch between speaker and i-Pods, this is not possible with ROON: While the i-Pods are shown as output, the speakers play and when I put out the I-Pods from the ear, the speakers are silent. Possibly this has to do with ROON-Programming?

b) If I try additionally to connect the iMAC 27" via “other network devices” then Airplay 2 promts for a password. This I should have keyed in alright (but - in case - I do not know on where to reset or change), then a fullscreen shows up with a 4-digit-code which I do not know on where and how to enter.

I think, way a) is the more direct one, possibly its Ventura 13.1, but also it might be ROON’s programming. Thank you for helping me.

@Felix_P, can you share a screenshot of your Audio setting when playing through your AirPods, similar to what I have below using my Mac’s speakers?

Have you tried my recommendation of setting your AirPods as the system settings (in this case my MacBook speakers are set to my System Output for my Mac, in your case it should show your AirPods):

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 7.48.14 PM

Hey @Felix_P,

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were able to get things sorted out with your Airpods? If not, let’s first take a look at the Bluetooth settings on the iMac, if you could share a screenshot while the Airpods are in pairing mode and your iMac is scanning for new Bluetooth devices :+1:

Thanks!

Sorry, is not iPod but Airpod pro.
Thank you for your support.
While otherwise I can select any other output-device, ROON only allows the speakers of the iMac.

Regards
Felix

Seems I have resolved it: There is a possibility to install the iMac as CoreAudio (then only the speakers work) or as Computer, then all output choices are available.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.