How to make my existing database compatible with new Roon download / installation

Roon Core Machine

Computer Dell Latitude DESKTOP-IPLCAQ6
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i-7 4600U CPU@ 2.10 GHz 2.70 GHz
RAM 8 GB
System type 64 bit, processor x 64

Operation system Windows 10 Pro ver. 21H2
Op. system compilation 19044.2604
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

MBL N-31 Roon Ready connected through RJ-45

Number of Tracks in Library

aprox. 1500

Description of Issue

After break in power suply I couldn’t open the Roon core which is installed on above mentioned computer. So I installed Roon core once again. When I’m oppening it an announcement appear that my databaze i s not compatibile with this verssion of Roon core. I don’t know what to do to make it work.

@Andrzej_Sak, welcome to the Community. What version of Roon was your Windows Core running, and do you have, or did you make, a backup of its database from within Roon using the backup process in Settings → Backups?

How to check out version of Roon my Windows Core running. Where can I find it?
I don’t have backup of database and I didn’t make it from backup proces in settings.

Roon: settings:about.
This will tell you the Roon build for your Core

I can’t reach Roon settings becouse wen I’m trying to open Roon aplication it apears full screen size anoucement that installed version of Roon Aplikation is lower than I had before and possiblly that is the reason why database is not compatibile with this lower version

And I can’t go further but contact support

How did you reinstall the software? From where did you download the installer, from Roon’s download site below or did you have an older installer?

When I tryed to solve the problem I have used Windows assist. So it searched the net end have found Roon installer. So I did this way. Maybe that was my mistake. Unfortunately I don’t know much about computers, software, stuff like that and how it works. I don’t know I have enough knowledge to handle it.

The best approach to ensure you have the most recent version is to go to this link (which is part of Roon’s website):

And select this link for the Windows version of Roon:

https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/RoonInstaller64.exe

How to find where is my Roon music database on my computer. After reinstall Roon ask for directory to file with my music/

After reinstalling Roon it can’t see any audio device even computer player. Before Roon saw all devices existing in my network like MBL N-31 or Oppo 203.

Have you confirmed that you have exceptions created with your firewall software (or the Windows firewall) for roon.exe and raatserver.exe? Is anything showing in your Settings → Audio tab, and if so can you Enable any of the devices?

Have you also been able to connect Roon to your music library?

I didn’t change anything if Windows (for exemple: level of firewall) since Installing Roon for the first time 2 years ago. And it was working perfectly connected to Tidal antil now. This newest version can’t work at all, can’t see audio devices. When I log in Tidal to Roon it sais that log in is succesfull but I can’t use it. I can’t serch for music and do nothing else. And it is ofcourse impossible to find my music library. I instslled Roon two times in last to days. Each time installation was succesfull and there was not any alert from operation system that something went wrong. Irealy don’t know what to do.

I am tagging @support for assistance.

Hi @Andrzej_Sak ,

This sounds like you were running a very old version of Roon that could not be upgraded to Roon 2.0. I’m looking over your account diagnostics and I see that you were able to re-install Roon 2.0 and that its working.

This is most likely the issue now. I suspect that you had the firewall rule in place for the old Roon install, but when you re-installed 2.0, the firewall rule didn’t carry over.

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.