How to migrate library when changing core, using the same SSD in both?

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

My music library has grown enormously and I want to replace the core, a Nucleus with the Nucleus Plus, but I want to do it without losing the music files and metadata on the internal storage (a 4TB SSD) of the old Nucleus.

The problem is that I want to use the same SSD that I had installed in the Nucleus to install it and use it again as internal storage in the Nucleus Plus. What should I do to avoid losing the music library that contains this SSD memory?

In addition to the music files on the internal storage, I also have another folder on a NAS. I have consulted the Nucleus migration guide but I think I need to format the SSD when I install it in the new Nucleus Plus. Please tell me the steps to follow so I don’t have to re-edit all the music contained in the SSD, since it would be a lot of work again.

(My English is not very correct and I’m using Google translate)

I wouldn’t overcomplicate it, just do a proper backup of the music and database before moving to the new core. These are the official instructions:

After reading the official instructions I still have two questions:

1- When I reinstall the SSD in the new Nucleus Plus as internal storage, should I format it or can the SSD be installed with all the music files it previously contained when it was installed in the old one core? (so it would not be necessary to have to copy those music files again)
2- What to do first in the new core, restore the backup or copy the music files in the internal storage (4 Tb SSD) in the If you have to format the SSD beforehand?

Can anybody help me please? Thanks

First make a Roon backup and at last one copy of the music files. Then I’d try with the music library in place, you can delete it if it doesn’t work.

Second question, try without deleting so effectively copy first, but no copy needed :wink: if you Have to delete then it’s backup first…

Edit if you’re confident in your backup strategy you can try stuff with confidence.

Ok :+1:
I’ll try to do it that way.

Thank you very much killdozer

Hey @Teo_Fuentes,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, I was able to take a look at your account, and it appears that you’ve been able to successfully migrate to a Nucleus +, is this correct?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.