How to migrate tags, playlists and bookmarks to new Roon account

Hi,
Migrating Roon DB from one Core to another is easy with the backup and restore function,
What I don’t understand is why the tags, playlists and bookmark disappear if I switch to a different user account, with the same DB of course

Hope to get help on this soon

Thanks

Form another thread:

Hi @guy_gichon,

Just to clarify here, are you referring to a different profile on the same Roon account, or are you wanting to see this type of information on a different account (with a different email address and password) entirely?

Different account. Same Core, Same DB

Hi @guy_gichon,

Just to clarify, what is the reason for using multiple Roon accounts on this Core machine?

When you log in to a new account, this is treated as a second database, and account specific data like Playlists, Tags, and Bookmarks do not transfer between accounts.

I would need this for example if I want to give my son my entire DB with my tags and playlist as a starting point for his system and delegate account at his home.

Any other option for such a one time migration that would include all tags, etc. ?
Perhaps a dB export? Would that preserve the tags at least?

Hi @guy_gichon,

The Roon database and backups are specific to only one account and that information can not be transferred to other accounts at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.