How to Register Hqplayer Windows

How do you register Hqplayer on windows just purchased.It was easy on Mac.Please help new to windows.Step by step would help .?

Copy and paste key number it says name/key not valid.This on trial version trying to register.I notice in billing it has link to full download.Should I try that download ?

Manual suggests starting the app as Administrator to register. Right click on the Start menu entry for the app and select “Run as administrator”.

Can’t get to work.the name key you entered not appear to be valid.Tried what you said

Got it to work.

What was the issue / fix?

In the name column for registering I put my name when it needed my e-mail which was with the key in the link.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for sharing … I’m sure others might also fall into that trap.

Same with Mac. You have to drag the emailed key into the window and activate from there.

I have no idea how to make this work. Im stuck at the this pc>local disc d>Program files>signalys>hqplayer desktop 3. From there the only place to enter info is the File name. I put my key in which is my name and it says file not found.

You will find an activation code in the email sent following payment. The manual describes the activation process as follows:

1. Registering your copy
    Activation code can be entered by opening “Help” menu and choosing “Register…”. Dialog will appear asking for the code. If your code was shipped with a name, fill also name field, otherwise leave it empty. Code can be also entered after, or close to trial period closing when a dialog asking for the code appears at startup time. Note! Especially on Windows 7 it may be necessary to start the application as Administrator in order to successfully store the registration code. To do it, right-click on the application’s Start-menu entry and select “Run as administrator” from the menu.

That is from some old version’s manual. For quite a while now the manual has been saying:

After purchasing a license key file will be provided. Store this file in a safe place. This file
can be installed by selecting “Register…” from the “Help” menu. Standard file open dialog
will appear asking to locate and select the license key file. Once the license key file has
been successfully installed, restart HQPlayer for the license to fully take effect.
Note! Remember to back-up the license key file!

And

Starting from version 3.17 of HQPlayer Desktop for Windows, license key files replace the
old license activation codes. In order to convert such existing license activation code to the
new key file, web form is provided at
http://www.signalyst.com/convert-key.html

1 Like

I would like to explain what is not apparent to me. When you have the email with the registration key you have to open the key. There is an attachment with the email. It says “key”. You then have to download/save the key file to you server computer. When in KQ player you go to Help, then Register.
From there you have to direct the computer to the file you saved the key too. There is no typing or entering your name or anything of the sort. It is saving the key to a file, then directing HQ player to the file.

I don’t see copying and pasting anything unless your saving the past to a file you then direct HQ Player too.

This is how I was able to get HQ Player registered.

1 Like