How to reinstall my library?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac running Mojave 10.14

This should be straightforward but many searches have come up dry. When I imported my master music folder into the Roon Library, it turned out that many of my albums had been organized in a way that caused mayhem - thousands of disaggregated songs and missing art. I see the problem and can remedy BUT for the life of me I can’t find how to purge the library completely so I can do a fresh install from a new music folder with everything fixed. How do I REMOVE my Library so that it doesn’t affect anything else? Thanks.

Go to Settings → Storage and disable the music folder that caused the problem then add the location of the new music folder. At this point Roon will begin scanning the new folder for music, artwork etc.

Once you’re 100% sure that everything is how you want it, go to Settings → Libary and click the ‘Clean Up Library button’. Select any or all of the three options, then click the blue ‘Clean Up Library’ button at the bottom right of the Library Maintenance popup.

Thanks so much. I was so focused on “Library” that I overlooked “Storage.”

1 Like

No problem, I’m glad you got it sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.