How to remove the red Live song metadata tag

How to remove the red Live song metadata tag? (I thought there was a area to remove this, but can’t find it)

I’m trying to create a bookmark that focuses only on albums 2010-2019 excluding compilations and live albums, but it seems to also excluded studio albums if 1 live song had been added at the end of the tracklist.

Not sure you can affect that flag

Easy as long as it’s in your library

Edit track

I don’t know if this will solve your problem, but:

You can select all your tracks, click Edit. It will give you the opportunity to edit some metadata for all the selected tracks in bulk.
‘Live’ is one of the metadata fields that can be set to ‘No’ for all tracks at the same time.
Dirk

1 Like

I am aware of selecting individual tracks to remove this, but I would need to do this hundreds of times for each song which would takes hours, if not days. I want a step where I can remove all the red “Live” metadata on songs.

How about …

I tried to explain you can do this in 1 time by selecting all the tracks and then press Edit. You can then set ‘Live’ to ‘No’, click Save and there you are.

Thank you, I get that. I was hoping for an easier way to remove the red “Live” individual song tag. My collection is 12,000 albums and I would like to remove them all.

I was able to do it in a bunch of steps with your suggestion. Go to tracks, focus on live only (which i had 5200+ songs), If you go select all, it does not give you the ability to remove, but if you select anything under approx. 800 songs that metadata option will appear (Live YES/NO). Thanks for your help.

Funny this. I tried to Un-Live a couple of albums but they stubbornly stay selected in my Focus.
Well, actually it’s worse. It is already marked as Live = no and gets selected nonetheless. So i switched to an explicit No, but that does not help.
And now my edit is not presented?

It would be helpful if you posted some screenshots. Note that albums with one live track will [not] have the live tag but you can use focus [to identify] albums with [some] live recordings. If you don’t want to display this information in the album browser customise the album display. Otherwise you’ll need to edit at the ablum or track level as described above.

Right, so one live track will select the album. Bad choice.
So, 360 degrees of Billy Paul has one live track, and I don’t want it in my selection.
Radiobutton for Live is already at No, but maybe when I make it explicit and Edit / No.
No such luck, it stays in the selection of the Focus.
Sad state of affairs

I have a related problem that I am trying to address.

When I go into the album editor, I can change the live setting (in my case, I am actually trying to identify live albums as well as live tracks – I have found that some studio albums have live tracks and some live albums have studio tracks). After changing the switch to “live”, the individual tracks do not indicate that they are live.

Is there some way to bulk switch, perhaps an album at a time, the live setting?

Perhaps you can provide some examples? For instance, Running On Empty by Jackson Brown is not regarded as a live album even though it has six live recordings.

Now there are a few things to note:

1. This album does not include the live badge–LIVE set to No
  2. It will be included in Focus on live since it includes live tracks
  3. Live tracks include ‘Live’ after the title–the track has LIVE set to Yes

In contrast, Three Sides Live by Genesis is regarded as a live album but include some studio recordings (in some regions.)

1. The album has a live badge–LIVE is set to Yes
  2. Individual tracks have ‘live’ appended to the track title–LIVE is set to Yes
  3. The album is included in Focus when filtering live albums

Note that some entirely live albums do not have ‘live’ appended to track titles. This is because LIVE is set to No for each track, but for the album LIVE is set to Yes. This is a metadata error and can be manually edited.

You can do this in bulk for local albums by using prefer file in metadata settings and ensuring file tags are correct.

I came back to amend my last message and you had already responded.

I figured out that working with an iPad made it difficult or nearly impossible to edit entire albums. I have since made some adjustments to allow for a keyboard to be used. It is working well and all of my metadata editing is now going much better.

Thanks for your help.

John

1 Like