How to restore playlists

roon server crashed.
I managed to recover by referring to the support page,
but the playlist I created with roon disappeared. (Playlists created with TIDAL are displayed.)
Furthermore, when I restore from backup, the server crashes again.
How can I restore my playlists?
Thank you.

M1 Macbook Air 16GB/512GB
macOS Sonoma 14.3

Playlists created in Roon are stored in the Roon Database. If your (Roon) playlists have dissappeared, then it is likely because your database has got reset (or has otherwise started from scratch) in which case, things like play counts and play history will also have dissappeared.

The only way to get the Roon playlists back is to restore a Roon Database backup - which you have tried with the result that the Roon server crashed again.

As a consequence, it is likely that that database backup is corrupted (either during the backup process or the database was corrupted before the backup was made).

Do you have any older backups that you can restore? If so, try restoring an older backup and see if that works. If it does, you can then restore successively newer backups to the point where you get the last one that works.

If that does not help, then Iā€™m afraid the issue is beyond my ability to help.

1 Like

I was able to restore from an earlier backup rather than the latest one.
Thank you for your kind and considerate support.

1 Like

Could I suggest that you mark my first post as a solution so that Roon support staff - and anybody else - do not waste their time looking at this with a view to offering support when the issue has already been resolved.

Also, now might be a good time to clean up your library:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.