How to scroll through 500 artists? Browse by folder, or by Artist index (ST - Santana)?

Good point, I hadn’t thought of it in those terms.
To be honest i’ve never used bookmarks in roon before, I was having a go to see if I could help this chap. I had no preconceived ideas as how it is supposed to work and on what in roon.
I don’t think I was saying it should work just that it didn’t help in this case :slight_smile:

In later Android versions, i think 7+ you have the options to set DPI in developer options.

It does of course affect other apps, but the good news is no rooting required :slight_smile:

And it doesnt need a reboot to effect transition or back again. Try it an see :slight_smile:

I never scroll it’s a pain, i just use search on my phone. Using the tablet is so much better experience. I am sure they can put an alphabetical scroll bar somewhere to make it easier to jump sections. As for folder view no thanks. It would feel like going back to upnp. Urghhhh.

Tried setting the dpi to 600 on my Huawei p20 pro. Roon wouldn’t work (a message about the wrong screen resolution). Tried 450, 480, 500 and 550: oddly enough, it would start up but not connect to the core. Reset it to 360. Works fine. Weird.

On a tablet or PC there are many good solutions: in album or artist lists sorted by name, just hit a keystroke and it jumps. My favorite is the “funnel” filter because it finds everything: to find the album *Bags & Trane” (Bags is a nickname for Milt Jackson, which I may or may not remember), I can type Bags or Trane or Coltrane or Milt or Jackson, and it appears in a short list of albums, I don’t have to remember if I filed it in the CO folder or the JA folder.

The phone is limited by comparison (although search works).
But the Roon team has said that they are working on a UI overhaul and this will apply to the phone as well.

Ok, you can try 720dpi or another (ive gone as high as 960 with my Note 8, lol). May vary with each phone. Additionally try the FULL SCREEN mode in Roon when in tablet mode, i think i got round the res error my side at one point. Edit… checking now, I can’t see an option to go full-screen on the table mode, my bad. But i def got this message at some stage. Must have messed further with the dpi to overcome it maybe.

It’s worth messing about with if you can get it to work. Its really a much better solution than the native phone version; other features are opened up too with the tablet mode; more tagging and audio functionality at least.