How to Search for things

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro 24GB RAM i7 ver 1.6 build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection to ASUS 8677u Router 1Gb dsl

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge Audio USB DacMagic 100

Description Of Issue

I’m frustrated trying to find things in Roon. Could someone clarify how I could list all recordings of Puccini’s La Boheme? I have an account with Qobuz and Tidal.

Here’s what I would do (other solutions are very likely available)…

1. Click on the Search icon at the top right of the Roon screen, and enter “la boheme” - Roon will probably recognise that and change the search text to “La bohème, opera” - do the search.
  2. You’ll get a page similar to this (I don’t have TIDAL, so I only see results for my Library and for Qobuz).

This lists all albums (including compilation albums) that have at least one track from La Bohème on them.
  3. Now use the Filter (the Funnel icon next to the Search icon) and enter “boheme”. This should filter out the compilation albums, and should just leave you with complete recordings of the opera.

Note that some albums will be listed just once, while some will have all their tracks listed individually (because the filter text “boheme” appears in each track title).
1 Like

Thank you Geoff! This works like a charm.

Sincerely,

Randall Jonasz

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.