How to separate Artist Solo from Artist&Band Albums - e.g., Prince, Tom Petty, Springsteen

In some cases where a primary artist has both solo albums as well as albums credited to the same artist and a band (e.g., Prince/ Prince & The Revolution, Tom Petty/ Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers), there seems to be a little bit of redundancy in the Roon artist view presentation.

For example, Prince has solo albums credited only to “Prince” and other band albums credited to “Prince & The Revolution”. (To mirror this, my Roon configuration has 2 primary artists: “Prince” and “Prince and The Revolution”.)

In the Artist view for Prince, is it possible to see only Prince’s solo albums under the ‘Main Albums’ section and separately see just the albums with The Revolution under a ‘With The Revolution’ (omitting the ‘Prince &’) section?

If I exclude ‘Prince’ as a primary artist in the Prince & The Revolution albums, I get close. However in the Artist view for Prince, I see the band albums separately under a ‘With Prince & The Revolution’ section. Since it’s redundant to show the ‘Prince &’ for the band albums is there a way to make this just show as ‘With The Revolution’?

Clear as mud? Am I missing something, or is there any way to fix?

If this is not currently supported, could Roon be tweaked to eliminate the artist name & reference in the ‘With…’ section if the artist’s name also appears in the band (or other primary artist’s) name?

(BTW, Other affected artists include: Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Bruce Hornsby & The Range, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, etc…)

I think that’s a feature request not support?

If this is not something that’s currently supported, I can move it to the feature request section. I’m not sure if I’m missing something though…

Hi @Jordan,

This is not currently supported, but I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

We appreciate the feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.