Can someone please explain it to me like I’m a 6 years old how to set up a FLIRC remote control with Ropieee XL?
Here’s what I’m doing - am I missing any steps, or doing anything wrong?
- insert the Flirc dongle into windows computer
- Fire the FLIRC app
- it says ‘connected’ in the lower right
- open controllers/media keys
- select a button on screen
- press remote button to pair with - the app says recorded successfully or something like that
- repeat for all buttons on the remote
- save configuration (saved to a file, didn’t seem to help). Not sure if there is some step to save configuration to dongle?
- pull dongle from windows PC
- insert dongle into Ropieee Xl pi
The remote control page in Ropieee is identifying the Flirc and is set correctly (name of zone exactly as in Roon). Also the extension is enabled in Roon.
However it does not work. I repeated this process several times, as far as I can tell all settings are correct and the dongle is not deffective as it registers remote clicks when setting up…
If it matters, the remote is an Apple TV old style remote.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
@spockfish if I add a remote after the initial install do I have to re-flash? This would be surprising since the OS sees the remote already…
It’s the only thing I haven’t tried but I would like to make sure that this is the reason it’s not working.