How to Shuffle All Songs in Library?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Roon 1.7 build 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus router wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Realtek optical out to Audiolab M-dac

Description Of Issue

Is there a better way to shuffle every song in my library other than creating a playlist for all songs and then shuffling?

Go to Tracks (main menu) and press Shuffle…I didn’t try it myself but should do trick

I just did that, and it works just fine.

Shuffling your fav tracks is a great feature, especially if you don’t know what to play. A positive lucky dip.

1 Like

Hmm ok thanks. I was doing that and it was pulling some Tidal songs using mobile as the controller. Seems to work on the core machine.

It just kinda confuses me because the Queue is basically empty, so I thought it was doing Roon radio

Yep, it doesn’t really make sense preloading the queue with potentially thousands of tracks … On the queue page, checkout the Roon Radio panel … it displays “Shuffle” and “Shuffling”.

I just go to the Albums page and Shuffle.
It shuffles tracks, not whole albums.

This also allows me to restrict what to shuffle, if I want: select tags, use filters, etc.

If you go to your tracks page and focus on all played, then reverse that so it shows all not played, then shuffle that. Save it as a bookmark and it will always be every song in your library that hasn’t been played. At some time in the future, Roon will let us edit play counts so you can reset your library when you’ve played every song. Of course you can add focus elements to further restrict your bookmark. I generally don’t include xmas music.

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.