How to the change length of queue

Nucleus +, Roon 1.7 (build 511), Nas: Synology 412+
Ethernet (cabled)

I used Logitech Media Server for quite a long time and was in favour of the echonest/smartmix feature (until spotify messed up).
I had the Roon installed a few days ago and I will install Tidal/Qobuz in a while.
At present I only listen to my NAS music collection.
When selecting a title and selecting the Roon Radio option the system will generate songs automatically. Perfect!
The queue list shows only 1 song i.e. the song which is now playing (and above the songs played). The Roon Radio frame on the right shows the next song to play.
There is however no queue shown of songs for the next 30-60 minutes. What did I do wrong?
How can I change the setting for the length of the queue?

DAC/Pre Amp: NAD M51, USB connected

You didn’t do anything wrong. That’s how roon works when using the radio feature. After it has played a while you can look at 'history ’ to see what was played.

Hi @rick_brouwer,

When you start Roon Radio, only one track is added to the queue screen. It will then show what track is coming next in the Roon Radio sidebar. From here, you can let Roon Radio run like normal, adding a new track after each one completes, or you can use the Thumbs Up/Down buttons to choose what tracks get added to the queue.

If you click the blue Thumbs Up button it will be added to the queue so you can get an extended preview of what’s coming up:

You can see what was played previously in the queue by scrolling up in the queue screen.

Thanks! This is a disapointment…
The present queue page is a huge blank page and should ideally be filled with the songtitles which are coming up to be played. Isn’t that one of the basics of a queue ?
I am probably spoiled by Logitech’s smartmix.

This is a little confusing for sure. The way to look at it is that it is not generating a playlist. It is just picking the next song.

But, a “smart” playlist feature would be nice. For example, picking a genre or a style or an artist (or multiple artists) or an “era” etc. and specifying a number of tracks or a time duration and having it generate a playlist that you could then play or save or whatever would be pretty cool.

Still, I like the “wonder what it will play next?” aspect of radio.

Yes, just like radio.

Hi @rick_brouwer,

I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site. Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

We appreciate the feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.