How to uninstall roon 1.8 completely before reinstalling it? I cannot add audio zones and and I find no way to add a new device

My second PS2 DAC is considered as a core and I’m unable to add it as a second music zone.

TEXT GOES HERE

Ethernet -Mac Catalina

TEXT GOES HERE

Twi PS2 Dacs in two different rooms; only one of them is considered as standing in a music zone
TEXT GOES HERE

I suppose the only solution is to uninstall Roon 1.8 complete (including libraries etc.) and starting again
By the way, when I upgraded to 1.8 there appeared a Roonbridge.dmg file, which I supposed, I had to install

TEXT GOES HERE

the libraries and databases are found in a different location of different systems

you may find just renaming the RAATServer folder with old on the end a better first shot than removing everything. worst case rename the roon folder to Roon.old

I’m not sure what mean its considered as a core, if its not authorised it should be fine, and core also runs bridge so it should be seen as an endpoint. If you remove roon it wont show up at all unless maybe you install Roon Bridge on it.

perhaps you seek help from the manufactures support folks first

perhaps more info on the PS2 dac of which im not sure who makes it

Hi @Pascal_Vantrimpont

To start with a fresh database, you’ll want to do the following:

• Stop RoonServer
  • Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart RoonServer
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Please note that you will not be able to recover your database unless you have a backup.