Focus Not Working Correctly

Am I missing something that should be obvious? I’m using a large android tablet, but when I try using Focus it only shows me a partial list. Is there a way to see everything? For instance, according to Roon I only have five genres of music out of the thousands of albums I have. I’m sure this question has been asked many times, but I can’t find the answer anywhere.

Do you not get a view more carat?

5 posts were split to a new topic: What’s your oldest release?

All the criteria will change as you add more filters, if you have some active already they can limit the choices on offer. Thats how Focus works. As Ged has said also click on Show more to show more if there is any

I wasn’t. And a minute ago I had no genres. Then I closed Roon and went back on and now I have “view more”. Seems to be no reason for the way it works. I had no filters on.

So playing around with it shows that it’s got some significant flaws in the way it works. I will have the view more one minute and if I go looking at other stuff on Roon, I’ll come back and it won’t be there. It’s doing whatever it feels like and will perform differently even when I do the same procedure exactly the same a second time.

Try rebooting your roon core.

Focus works perfectly fine, sounds like somethings up with your set up or database. Reboot and see if it clears up. Where are you files kept locally to the core or on network storage

My core is a NAS. But it was the same when I had a separate NAS.

As has been said, there’s clearly something amiss in your setup, and Focus is not working as designed. I’ve moved this thread into the Support category of the forum for the Support team to get involved, and reworded the title.

Can you please let Roon Support know these details so that they can better assist you? Thanks!

Roon Core Machine
Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)
Networking Gear & Setup Details
Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet
Connected Audio Devices
Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)
Number of Tracks in Library
Tell them how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”
Description of Issue
Tell Support about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.