How well did Roon Identify your library

Of close to 70,000 tracks in our library, Roon nailed well over 90% of them, which is a very good average.

Identifying, cataloging and indexing tracks is definitely one of Roon’s strengths.

I have about 35K tracks - Roon originally identified about 30K. After some serious cleanup work, I still have about 3.5K tracks unidentified - most of these are classical or jazz box sets.

@joel; Can we in some way upload these details? Help the catalogue along a bit?

Out of 3500 albums I finished up with about 100 unidentifiable, but after a lot of clean8ng

I finally used Jaikoz to identify stuff from MusicBrainz , highly recommended

Mike

Hi @Egbert_Braam. Unfortunately, not at the moment. It’s an idea that we’re aware of, but there are other priorities for now.

To add some metrics to my earlier post, I have 9,755 releases in my collection and Roon only identified 6,909 of them. That’s a roughly 71% match rate, which isn’t great IMO.

I think this is largely because Allmusic doesn’t have great coverage of a number of genres I listen to (italo disco, African funk/afrobeat/boogie, techno and house, etc). Still, information on nearly all of these releases are available on Discogs, so the metadata is out there.

A post was split to a new topic: Album Identification: Poor Hit Rate