How will you use ARC?

Roon Arc seems to feel more fluid than regular Roon Remote app on iOS. Roon Remote always felt like an app that was written for another platform and running thru some emulation for iOS.

Arc feels very slick and more like an Apple experience. The fluidity of Arc will mean I can use Roon on my iPhone when around the house and using IEMs. Using in the office is a very nice bonus!!!

Let’s make sure there’s not feature bloat to slow things down! Lifetime membership has paid for itself again. Thanks for turning the experience enjoyable again! :grin:

3 Likes

Certainly in the car - does it have an Apple CarPlay app?

Also when travelling it will be great to have access to my library instead of having to use Spotify or whatever.

One thing I have missed is the ability to listen to Roon on headphones easily. My main system has no headphone socket and short of buying a Chord Mojo/Poly combination at some significant expense, I have not been able to work out how to get Roon to headphones.

I am now able to connect my iPhone to my headphone amp and use Roon wherever I am.

Is there a way to use ARC on a Windows PC remotely from your core?

I’ll never use it. For me listening to music means a comfy spot and my attention. Listening to music is the activity, not a background to the activity.

Even driving a car, one of the most boring, mind numbing things one can do, I never turn on the radio.

Still, I can appreciate the thought and work that went into this release.

Kudos to all involved.

Not at all.

Just as Roon accomplishes a mobile solution the canary in the coal mine develops a cough.

Bummer.

1 Like

I use it all day at work Monday through Thursday. I switch over to the Qobuz app most Fridays so I can check out all the new releases since Roon doesn’t seem to get that data on release day. But I started adding all the new releases to a Qobuz playlist that eventually syncs with Roon, which eventually syncs with ARC, so I eventually have all the new releases available to me. This is great if I don’t get to the new releases right away on Fridays.

I went to the coast last week and tried out ARC. I didn’t get much time with it since my wife made a huge playlist in Apple Music, but I did use it to reference which CDs I owned when shopping at record stores and thrifts. That is a super cool perk!

Use it at the gym (using the gym’s wifi) to listen to podcasts that I’ve downloaded to my Core

car use only.

Edit to add: after initial minor playing through later testing period and since release Ive concluded I have no use for Arc at this time.

I’ll use it to enable me to stop having to compress and retag all my music files so that I can use iTunes and Apple Music to keep a copy of my entire library of purchased music on my iPhone using the sort ordering that I want. Instead Roon & Roon ARC will do it all for me so no more having to retag and create a compressed copy of every track I purchase and having to fire up the awful iTunes on my PC to sync it to my phone. Or at least that’s how I want to use ARC except …

… Roon ARC doesn’t currently support compressing files for download to the device so my entire library won’t fit and nor does it support downloads on anything other than a per-album or per-playlist basis so downloading an entire library would be a long and tedious task so for now.

Until Roon ARC does support those two features (compressed downloads not just compressed streaming and the ability to do a select-all on albums to download multiple albums at a time) I won’t be using it. If/when those features do get implemented in some future release though, I’ll uninstall iTunes from my PC and switch over my iPhone listening to Roon ARC the day that update is comes out.

Hi,
I think I won’t use ARC for streaming across the internet. I am convinced that most of the many cables constituting the internet are not High End-grade cables and therefore my music will arrive at my High End-phone speakers or headphones polluted by electronic and RF artifacts. Not to mention the low-grade electromagnetic plasma between my phone and the next cell tower.

<caution before taking my comment seriously ;-)) >

4 Likes

You really need to put that at the top, the flame replies will be coming before they read to the end :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I am afraid you may be right.

1 Like

Mainly in the car. Sometimes in the shower using a BT speaker. When walking / jogging with BT headphones.
I have an Android phone, so I won’t be using it for critical listening with high end headphones outside of home, since it doesn’t have bit-perfect playback. Unfortunately I will need to keep on using UAPP for now which also has parametric EQ.
At work I also don’t use it because I prefer audio quality. I used to use a second core at work (with the same license as home), but now I don’t do that anymore since once I switch to the work core, I can’t switch back to the home core until I get home physically, which means I will not have ARC available on the car ride back. So for now I just use Tidal desktop… It would be perfect to have a desktop ARC app for that use case.

After testing the SQ every day since it’s intro, I won’t be as it is no different than iTunes as far as SQ goes…Plus Siri can play any song I ask her too.

Mainly in the car on longer trips, not commuting. Works really well!

So glad Roon decided to put this new feature in its own app!

I don’t have a use case for ARC.

1 Like

Each morning I make a playlist of about 150 tunes to play at home through the day. When it’s time to walk the dog, I’ll go to the queue in Roon, select the next 20 songs that are to be played, make a Playlist called Mobile, open it in ARC in my Pixel, download it, and head out. That way I don’t miss anything still playing at home.

Previously when I was out and about I had to rely on PlexAmp, which was fine. But I like to make my playlists based on songs I haven’t heard in awhile, so being able to accomplish this through Roon and ARC and one library absolutely rules for me.

Now if I could only convince Roon how awesome smart playlists are…

Car
Work
Vacation
(or just when not at home and wanting to listen to music. Like my walkman long ago…)

Absolutely loving it on my motorcycle.

2 Likes