HP Elite X2 Not Showing as Audio Output Device?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Innuos Zenith, 1.8, Build 764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
System is all hard wired with ethernet cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Squeezebox connected in system, HiFi appears as output, Desktop PC appears as output when Im working on my Desktop PC

Description Of Issue
My work laptop is an HP Elite X2.
I have Roon installed on the device but it has never appeared as an Audio Output.
My other Endpoints appear fine, but it would be great to have Roon on my work laptop as we continue to work from home in these strange times.

What am I doing wrong?
Or is there perhaps a setting that needs to be adjusted on the HP?
Or perhaps it might have a Firewall that stops the AUdio Output appearing.

See here for a picture of what I see (apologies for the poor quality - its a very shiny screen!):-

Thanks for any ideas or advice

Try turning off the Firewall as a test. If it works, then you need to add Roon, RoonServer, and Raatserver as firewall exceptions.

Thanks @Rugby , I’ll give it a try in the morning.
Assuming of course the IT Admins at work allow us to turn the firewall off and then on again :crossed_fingers:
I’ll post back tomorrow

Our IT team have agreed to take a look, which is more than I had expected if Im honest!
So @Rugby , Im not an IT person, could you give me a hint if you are able as to how/ where I can point the IT Support Team to to find the details they need to be able to add Roon, RoonSrver and RAATserver as firewall exceptions?

Thanks in advance for any info you are able to provide

Hi @ChrisH
You can find some instructions here:

You’ll want to follow those instructions for Roon and for RAATServer. After allowing exceptions for both you should be good to go!

Awesome, many thanks @dylan ill give it a go!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.