HQ Player Integration [SOLVED]

I think it should OK for up to DSD128. Even 8GB RAM is fine. You probably have problem with upconversion to DSD256 with the more demanding filters. However, do you have a DAC that supports DSD256 under Linux? Very few do…

I have the Auralic Vega, which does DSD256 using DoP. Is that compatible with Linux ?

I am not 100% sure, I thought that Vega was upgrading to DSD256 but through ASIO. Usually, in order to do DSD256 through DoP, you need PCM 16x (705.6)

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll look into it with Auralic. It may make the Windows/Linux choice a lot easier …

If anyone else is considering buying a license for HQPlayer via Gianluca, I can definitely recommend that option. Very quick and easy, great service.

This is music to my ears. Just what I wanted (he said, thinking of his thousands of ALAC files). Thanks for the clarification, @brian.

Is our current Roon license adequate to use the upcoming HQPlayer integration?

I cant tell whether [potentially] associated technologies like ‘Roon Speakers’ might require an additional license/$$$.

I found Roon was sounding just great. Previously I was sending the signal from my Syno NAS to my Devialet 200. DSD files played that were not even as good than Tidal via Devialet Air. Now I understand the value of an intermediate player however I was reluctant to install yet another computer in the stream.

Playing with the Roon interface is just a life changer. After some hours I knew I couldn’t miss it. On top of that the SQ was much better.

Following this thread I was curious about this HQP, so did I gave it a try…

Roon, please, stop trying to cope with that part of the equation. Work with them and integrate HQP in your core. You will just get more customers for sure.
Best Interface + Best Sound = ROI.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Dirac Integration

They’re separately licensed products so there should be no implications; they will just ‘talk’ to each other.

Ray

Thanks… Clearly the HQP license would be separate but I dont know if RoonSpeakers might also require an additional license… (The enabling ‘talk to’ technology/interface, possibly.)

RoonSpeakers won’t require any additional licence payment from users so far as I am aware. My understanding is that it is part of the ongoing development that is part of the reason Roon is a subscription service.

1 Like

@bibo01, I am interested in hearing more about how you have integrated Roon, HQP and AudioLinux. I am also interested in learning about the hardware configuration of your system and how you are feeding the signal from your computer to a DAC (i.e. USB, SPDIF, AES/EBU, etc.) Lastly, if I follow you down this path, which I am interested in pursuing, then I will also need a license for HQ Player.

I have not integrated Roon yet. I am looking forward reviewing it.
You can easily Google translate the following posts (Chrome is good):

This is my thread on AudioLinux.
This my thread on my PC System for Windows/AudioLinux.
I have used a Cubox-i and a Fitlet-B as NAA with LPS
I have this USB receiver on my DAC, as it is Amanero based, I can do DSD256 in Windows only.

RoonSpeakers might also require an additional license… (The enabling ‘talk to’ technology/interface, possibly.)

There’s no additional license for RoonSpeakers. It’s part of Roon.

2 Likes

On computeraudiophile, it was publicized that the new beta of Roon includes HQP in the settings, but HQP v3.12 is required and 3.12 isn’t out.
Correct?
Has the ETA for HQP been better defined?
Is there a way to try the Beta with HQP in the settings?

Will RoonServer also be updated to include HQP integration?

1 Like

I can answer the last of those questions. RoonServer will have identical HQP functionality to Roon.

As Brian’s post and screenshot show above, we will specify a network address for HQP and then it will be like a network zone to which we can direct Output. What HQP does with that input and where it sends it will be configured in HQP.

So if I am reading you correctly I can have RoonServer on my powerful server, HQP on my CAPS attached to my DAC just enter the IP address of my CAPS and have a totally headless system without having to wait for RoonSpeakers to do the same

I think that is correct.

Yes, that’s my understanding. Although you may prefer to have HQP on your powerful server also and have it send output to a Network Audio Adaptor (NAA) installed on the CAPS so that the intensive processing is kept on the noisy side and the CAPS has very little to do.

Have you been using the headless HQP “embedded” version Priaptor ? How do you communicate with it ?