HQP NAA - Raspberry Pi

Excellent! I will install that tomorrow. Thank you so much :wink:

It is asking me for a naa login

I canā€™t get it to show up on the network period. I flashed it twice just to made sure but nothing. If i connect it to the display it gives me a login prompt.

Thatā€™s ok. You can simply ignore it:

Not sure why itā€™s not working for you though.

I have tried everything but it does not show up on the network. I connected it to my modem and checked that to see what showed up as connected and it does not. I was using a MacBook Pro which works great. I will just use that. This is too much of a painā€¦lol

Funny cos Iā€™m in the opposite boat to you. No matter what I try I canā€™ get my Macbook to work as an NAAā€¦ LOL.

The funnier thing is the exact same Macbook running Windows (via Bootcamp) works fine as a Windows NAAā€¦ it does my head in.

Our problems combine to balance out the universe :grin:

Sorry if I missed this, but:
Can NAA be installed/added to volumio?
Can it also be done on a Tinkerboard device?

1 Like

Im using NAA on my Raspberry Pi 4, downloaded an image for it and just installed it (v4.0). It has worked very painlessly so far. But I would like if it could be configured somehow, for example turning off power to HDMI and WiFi would be nice.

My chain is Roon -> HQPlayer (on Windows 10) -> NAA on RPi4

There is some latency though, even if not using any up-sampling. Compared to piCorePlayer which have virtually no latency, the latency is very long (seconds), maybe this can be improved? @jussi_laako ?

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m running NAA using DietPi on a Pi 4. does anyone know how to upgrade to NAA v4? I vaguely recall a prior thread which had the Linux commands needed to upgrade NAA to a new version, but canā€™t seem to locate that nowā€¦thanks!

There is some amount of configuration through config.txt in the boot partition (FAT) which you can edit externally on another computer if you like. This is standard way to configure things on RasPi.

There is large amount of FIFO buffer on NAA, on purpose. Plus bunch of other buffers on the way. This makes things work even on networks with fluctuating speed (WiFi).

Hi!

Sorry, I know this is an old thread. But: the above images downloadable from Signalyst are complete Raspberry-Images just with added NAA-support? Or do they also carry a HQP embedded?

It says in the download area:
Network Audio Daemon: 4.0.1

this is exactly what you get

Ok, thanks.

Sorry, maybe Iā€™m stupid, but these img are not bootable. So what to do with the stick/files? How to install actual NAA?

Just use ropieeeXL, HQPlayer naa is included since last update

2 Likes

These raspberry images are bootable:

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/

You can use etcher to create bootable SD cards.

Thanks! :upside_down_face:

Iā€™m using RoPieeeXL now and HQP sends the output to my Pi with HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro hat. Butā€¦ the speed of the music is too high! Sounds like playing a 33 lp on 45.

I tried with Roon direct to HiFiBerry hat - the same effect.

What the fā€¦ is this? Anyone else had this problem?

I havenā€™t had your current issue, but have you tried the bootable image I linked above?

It didnā€™t work?

Yes, I tried. The same issue in music speed with the NAA401 image.

My tests: music plays too fast in all connection modes, optical or coax SPDIF, in Roon bridge mode or with HQPlayer. So this seems to be a HiFiBerry clock problem. I tested HQP with and without upsampling, but even pure 44.1kHz audio runs too fast via HiFiBerry.

What I recognized: I also tried playing with an iFi SPDIF iPurifier coax which has an LED showing the actual sampling rate. With HiFiBerry as input signal the LED does not show a sampling rate, itā€™s just off or flickers. And no music is hearable.

I think the HiFiBerry is playing with a complete wrong sampling clock or sampling rate.

Iā€™ll try DietPi with mplayer now to detect the problem and contact HiFiBerry forums. Sorry for being off topic here.