HQPlayer Embedded Discussion [2021-2022]

I think you’re correct. Thanks! The config screen shows “Trial”. I guess switching from NAA to ALSA changed that. I’ll have to find my key and re-upload it.

Changing NAA doesn’t change that.

Looks like this has been an issue since you reported this.

I should start a HQPlayer support hotline ! And charge a case of beer for resolutions :smiley:

5 Likes

Unfortunately, this is a new issue. I’ve been using HQPlayer for a couple of years, in spite of the occasional dropouts. I’ll have to email Jussi if I can’t find my key, so I can get back to testing if the OpticalRendu is the cause of the dropouts.

Did you change your HQPlayer server? The license is keyed to a particular server fingerprint.

No. Same server for two years. I just changed the connection today, as per Jussi’s suggestion, and now it’s showing Trial.

Yeh changing networking adapter of the HQP machine can change fingerprint

your direct Rendu connection altered fingerprint

Wired connection. Cat 6 cable from a TSLink switch.

(Roon on 11i5 NUC, with Ubuntu)

HQP image on sd on RPi4. Usb to Ares2 DAC.

If you drank all the cases you’d be getting I think there’s a strong possibility that your track record may decline due to excessive alcohol consumption. :beers:

3 Likes

In trial mode, HQPlayer will stop working after 30 minutes and you need to restart it for another 30 minutes.

Yes I know this. But my question is about why, after a few minutes into the 30 mins, do I always get a dropout from Roon. With the “Roon has lost control of the audio device” message. I just press play in Roon, and away we go for the rest of the 30mins.

I do not want this to be a fault with either my hardware, or network, and have to keep pressing play every 20-30mins after I have bought HQPlayer.

There are various ways HQPlayer measures 30 minutes. Please note that 30 minutes is counted from the time when HQPlayer Embedded process is started up.

My HQPlayer often drops out of roon too.
Time has nothing to do with it.
I think the cause is the network.
My network uses a lot of media converters and SFP modules.
I will try once with a simple configuration.

1 Like

You should get near the full 30 mins after you reboot the machine.

You can’t just hit play after the first 30 minutes is up

Yep I know this. But what I’m trying to figure out, ahead of buying a licence, is why, a few tracks into the 30mins, hqplayer stops.
“Roon has lost control of the audio device” message.

I press play on Roon remote, and it starts playing again.

After another 20-25 mins of play, the 30mins is up and I go back into HQP settings and hit “apply” at the bottom of settings, to re-start.

But if this is just because it is a trial, that it always stops during the 30mins, as well as at the end of 30mins?

But I’m hesitant to fork out, if I have a network problem that means HQP will keep dropping out. My concern is more about whether FTTC could be the culprit, or maybe my RPi is at its limit at 768?

Switch directly connected to router and modem ?

No WiFI in between all those?

And the switch is unmanaged or managed ?

Depends what you’re asking it to do?

Easiest way would be to share a screenshot of your Config page

I looked again, the Ethernet cable goes from Telstra “smart” modem, to an unmanaged switch to RPi. No WiFi in that pathway at all.

I can’t access the config page? It’s gone😭 server stopped responding

Even after de-powering your Pi ?

Ok I’ve got the config screen back, but I’ve got no sound. This is a new one.

Usually takes a few seconds to play with a message saying this. That message is not coming up either.

Ok I’ve gotta get ready for Origin tonight now. I’m not gonna get any time for this tonight. I’ll phone your local pub and pay for a bar tab for you, cheaper than sending a case in the post.

1 Like