HQPlayer Embedded Discussion [2021-2022]

No, completely seperate license. No update from Desktop to Embedded or vice versa.

I think yes - just not at the same time I believe. cc @jussi_laako

And if you buy Embedded license for one machine, you can transfer license to a new machine if you upgrade machine later.

1 Like

Yes, as long as only one instance is running at a time.

2 Likes

Understood :loud_sound::loud_sound::loud_sound:Many thanks!
New generation i7 can do 7ECv2 DSD512! I’m done updating for a while :face_with_monocle:! Just enjoying :headphones::loud_sound:

3 Likes

Nice! Which CPU model number is it?

Any audible fan noise after some time?

1 Like

Many thanks as always for your support! Save my life many times!:pray:t2:

I’ve decided to go for windows 10 and will update in the future for embedded HQPlayer. I’m very happy to listen :headphones: to 7ECv2 modulators at DSD512!

I can always also listen to DSD256 7ECv2 on my DAC-60 too. I’m using HQPDCONTROL app on two devices to do filter adjustments. So all good and stable!

HQPlayer Windows 10 for DSD512
Asrock Deskmini B660
Intel Core i7-12700 12core 2.1Ghz
16GB RAM/256 SSD

Roon + HQPlayer for DSD256
Mac Mini M1/8Gb RAM

2 NAA
1: Windows 10 ASIO for DAC-60
1: Rpi4 for ifi iDSD NEO (with iFi iPurifier3)

Headphones :headphones:
Beyerdinamc T2

3 Likes

Don’t forget to throw in a nice hqplayerd -s ‘choose username’ ‘choose password’

Followed by sudo systemctl restart hqplayerd

Makes life easier to access configuration etc on web gui.

Also, I believe it is beneficial to performance putting your user in audio group, using usermod

2 Likes

Hi!
Asrock Deskmini B660
Intel Core i7-12700 12core 2.1Ghz
16GB RAM/256 SSD

The fan is very quiet, but this machines get hot ! I put a second fan on top to help keep it cooler.

It reminds me of the the ifi Zen Streamer, also gets hot while operating

1 Like

If you run hqplayerd as a service which is the default, the package creates a “hqplayer” user, and then hqplayerd service runs under this system account (no logins). This system account is already member of “audio” group.

But if you run hqplayerd under your regular user session, for example on Ubuntu Desktop instead of Ubuntu Server, then your session userid should be member of “audio” group.

I’m hoping to get some help/advice on a recent issue.

Since updating to the latest version of HQP Embedded 4.32.5 I only have sound in the Left Channel when using Matrix convolution. L+R channels work when Matrix disabled. I use Matrix for convolution filters for room correction which have worked fine for last 2+ years but since the update to 4.32.5 when Matrix profile enabled I just get the Left Channel sounding.

My set up is a Sonicorbiter server running HQP Embedded server (also Roon server). I output directly to Chord Qutest DAC at 705/768k PCM over USB (either directly or via SRC-DX into Dual BNC). I do not have an NAA device.

I get this issue both when playing music natively from HQP and also from Roon with output to HQP (with Matrix enabled in HQP). Note I am able to apply the same Convolution filters directly in Roon DSP and then on to HQP (with Matrix disabled) and this works fine.

I have tried creating a Matrix profile with the Left and Right Filters swapped over and I still just get sound in the Left channel when enabled in HQP.

I would greatly appreciate some expert advice on further debugging of this issue!

Can you share a screenshot of your Matrix profile page?

And when you “plot” L & R channels, what shows ? Can you share?

You can also try deleting your current Matrix profile and creating new, uploading the WAV files from scratch. Takes 2 minutes

Hi - thanks for quick response and suggestions.

I created a newprofile from scratch as suggested. Still have same issue. Matrix Page & Plot shown below:

Since you will have 4 different plots, can you share all 4 individually?

Plot each on its own, seperately

And label them so its clear what is what. Like “Source Ch1 Mix Ch1”

Hi - once again thanks. I have listed the individual plots from the top labelled as requested. These Convolution Files are from Home Audio Fidelity and labelled in order LL, LR, RR, RL.

SRC Channel 1 / Mix Channel 1

SRC Channel 1 / Mix Channel 2

SRC Channel 2 / Mix Channel 2

SRC Channel 2 / Mix Channel 1

I’m colour blind but for your last 3 plots, nothing is showing for the “magnitude” plots on the left. Those plots are all empty. Unless there’s a colour there that I can’t see!

Even though “phase” plots on the right show something

Looks like there’s some issue with the three other filters. Seems like they end up with silence. Convolution with silence is silence.

1 Like

The plot function is so good. For both troubleshooting but also to see if you can increase gain.

Because with room correction, a lot of headroom is added to the convolution filters.

So I can boost gain equally across all channels , after visually checking all the plots to see if an increase is safe (avoid clipping)

Not a lot of convolvers have this really cool feature.

Some of the colours are hard for me to see though (colour blind).

Like the bright and faint yellow, on white background :smile:

Feature request for black background @jussi_laako ? But then there could be issues with very dark colours on black background too i guess so i’m screwed either way :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Jussi - the odd thing is that these filters (from Home Audio Fidelity) have been in place unchanged for 2 years. I too found it strange that the magnitude not showing for the last 3 filters, but nothing changed there. Is there an easy way to see if the .WAV filter files have got corrupted in some way?

You could send them to Thierry to double check them?

Or see if you can find what he sent you and upload those and check plots again?

You could open up the files in Audacity. But as first thing, I’d take look at HQPlayer log regarding matrix pipeline initialization. If there are errors loading the files or similar.

No errors loading the files in the logs as far as I can tell. Not sure this is useful but see screen grab below of a (hopefully) relevant section of the logs initialising the filters that appear not to work: