HQPLAYER new Version 5 Discussion

It does work.

2 Likes

While I have purchased HQP 5 and not to be a negative person, I do feel that it is important to remember that HQP3 and Roon integration was deprecated by Roon/HQPlayer; requiring going to HQP4. While it is true that HQP3 did continue to work on its own, I think most here get it with the idea to integrate it with Roon.

2 Likes

Dear Everybody,

I wrote this post because HQP is a product I respect and value. Based on my software-based services business background and other aspects, this upgrade is not the best for his business.

This is not the optimal way to release software products. A lot of potential and opportunities are not utilized and are lost.

Thanks and best regards to all contributors.

As you seem to be a great “expert” why not offer your consultancy? …. and, please, put on the table what are those lost great potential and opportunities.
Here a brief comparison
On a five year basis:
Roon = €142/year
Audirvana = €70/year
HQPlayer = €52/year (for existing customers and -15% discount)

4 Likes

It is because the server restarts when you change settings. But you shouldn’t need to regularly touch the server.

It would be nice to get any bugs reported, so I can fix those as well.

5 Likes

Yes it will. The v5 license is a new one.

3 Likes

@jussi_laako
Is there a table which coupon one can get based on the purchase date of HQP?
I am asking as I am close (2 weeks) to 6 months since I purchased HQP and would like to know if this is threshold or not?

Regarding pricing and discounts, I didn’t want to make big jump on the base price, like for example Roon did recently. This means also discount percentages are smaller.

v4 pricing was unchanged from 2018, although inflation and expenses have grown. For example electricity price jumped 5x last winter due to the energy crisis in Europe. Also inflation rates are really high now.

4 Likes

Hi Jussi,
no need for me to explain your pricing scheme.
I just would like to know how long a can wait with my decision to upgrade until my coupon expires. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Jussi just answered. :slight_smile:

There are three tiers and 90-180 days is one. Age of the license is calculated from release time of the v5, not from the current time. So you can get your coupon code at any time. And the coupon code doesn’t have expiration date, other than sales period of the v5 overall.

4 Likes

Thanks Jussi! :slight_smile:

Interesting thread. The OP has informed us of the possibility of Jussi to expand and better his business model and as well, that many bugs exist in his current HQPlayer software.
Of course, no solutions have been offered, nor any bugs reported here.
The OP doesn’t need to let us know here on this thread. Please reach out privately to Jussi with your business ideas and as well give him those detailed bug reports. I think that’s the least they can do based on the assertions.
Thanks.

I tried installing version 5 for testing and since then both it and 4 have stopped responding. What should I do?

I have had to kill V5 multiple times since installing the upgrade, but it is mostly through selections that do not work well together.
I find once I have killed and restarted HQP and selected known good settings it all works again.

Killing (force quite)… I lost count

I have run them both, but never in the same time. v4 it is in apps folder v5 sits on the desktop. I have switched from one to another, if I come back to v4 and v5 had some new settings the v4 is just blank. Maybe if you delete your settings.

Why would you keep V4 when you purchased V5?

I didn’t yet. Have to wait the refill of the bank account :slight_smile:

So I’m testing the v5 when I have time and while working v4 is playing

2 Likes

Installing, uninstalling, re-installing, restarting computer. Now neither 4 or 5 works. I don’t like the new preferences interface either. Ah well. Progress.

You are on macOS or something else? Which way it doesn’t work?

4 started hanging for me, it just spins indefinitely starting a week or two ago. i didn’t know why and I’ve lost hours trouble shooting. Gave up and just went back to Roon. I finally see now that there was an upgrade, but 4 should still work apparently. I just bought a license for 4 in Jan 2023, I see a coupon and it look like it’s for about 30% off. I don’t feel it’s worth it since I just bought 4 in Jan 2023 and it should still work but does not. But maybe just frustrated with everything. I’m on Mac OS MacBook Air M2.