16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Sky Q
Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Streaming to Naim Uniti Atom

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have got HQPlayer playing on my laptop via Roon. How do I now stream it to the other devices on my network which Roon usually plays through? Is it something to do with the HQ settings, eg the Output Device Settings, which do not list the Naim, only Wasapi, Asio etc? And within Roon, I can’t group the HQPlayer with my Uniti Atom. So how do I get it to play throught the Atom?

The problem is:
The Naim has no NAA client and no USB input included.
So you can use (with HQPlayer) only the SPDIF inputs (limited to 24/192 btw. 24/96) and there for the PC with HQPlayer needs a SPDIF output.

My meaning: Don’t use the Naim with HQPlayer, but directly as Roon endpoint and don’t upsample to DSD, because the Naim resamples it back to PCM.

1 Like

So are you saying I can’t stream Roon to Naim Uniti Atom via HQPlayer? I can only play HQPlayer through my laptop?

Yes and yes.

Well I’ll go to the foot of our stairs! So what is the point of HQPlayer if you can only play it on a computer?

You asked specifically about the naim atom not all devices.

Yes I did. Thank you. So what kind of devices can you play it through?

It requires a device that supports the NAA protocol which is analogous to Roon Ready.

Here are some examples.

I’m glad it wasn’t my lack of skill configuring the player. Many thanks.

1 Like

You. An setup a pi or other computer as an naa endpoint.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.