HQPlayer & Singxer Su-1

I am using hqplayer 3. When set to ASIO backend, it does not recognize my Singxer Su-1 interface. I have no problems when the backend is set to WASAPI. Therefore, I cannot play dsf files as DSD. I must use WASAPI to play dsf files which are then converted to PCM. My goal is to play dsf files at 512 DSD. Thanks in advance for any help with my problem.

Do you have latest Singxer drivers installed? Also, from Windows Control Panel -> Device Manager, right-click the audio device, select Properties and check the Driver-tab that vendor of the driver is not Microsoft. Sometimes there are problems with recent Win10 versions that now include Microsoft’s UAC2 driver that sometimes comes and takes over the device.

I continue this thread instead of starting a new. I tried today to start the Singxer SU-1 together with my HQP 4.22 Embedded, but HQP did not like the Singxer at all. Here is what Singxer say themselves:

System compatibility:
1:windows7,windows8;32/64bit,need install dirver.
2:Native Mac os 10.6 and later,without driver.
3:Native Linux with NAC2 compliant Kernel, without driver.
4:Android OS 4.2 and above, need support OTG function.

Anything useful? I tried it on a windows (10) computer and it worked good.

HQP told med something about unsupported format in the software prompt. Roon said connection failed when trying to play. HQP never showed on the network either.

Jussi, is this something known, like driver needed for this particular XMOS? As told themselves they have fiddled with the XMOS208 software themselves. They refer to proprietary drivers for windows. But in fact the windows version also works fine. Hard to find any ways forward. It recognizes something is connected to the USB port, reports when disconnected, and also when reconnected, but still unsupported format.

What operating system are you using ?

Thanks for your kind attention, andybob!

The HQP (4.22) is downloadable complete image Embedded in the thin Linux OS. No separate Linux is downloaded and HQP is added on. Etched it to a bootable USB-memostick.

The Roon is a Roon ROCK, also a software core embedded in a thin Linux client, downloaded from Roon.

Separate computers. Communicating over my local ethernet, short patch cables through a close by switch of good quality.

USB from HQP to the Singxer SU-1. As the SU-1 is specified for much higher bitrates, I let the HQP config remain exactly the same as for the USB - > multiple digital converter (Breeze Audio) I have used now for some time and the DAC connected is a Benchmark DAC1 first edition without USB. Spec is 24/192, same as used before. I have with my older converter verified all inputs in the DAC is fully operational, ie optical, BNC (S/PDIF) and AES-EBU at the right bit depth and rate.

Thanks Stefan, hopefully those details will assist @jussi_laako in troubleshooting here. I wanted to make sure you had an ALSA version that included the Singxer and that will be the case with the HQ Player OS.

Thanks! The thing’s worrying me is that when reading the text about Singxer, they are open and frank with having their own software, claiming it is supported, but being wiser after fiddling with the frustrating world od Allo and Raspberry, my impression is one can never trust what is expressed from Chinese manufacturers. They seem not to be prepared to pay the licence for the specific hardware they always somehow get hold of, but licence fee is often fairly expensive. It seems this is an often occuring problem with Chinese made hardware. The Breeze Audio had a proprietary driver too, but after getting hold of the thysecon ASIO drivers for XMOS, it started to sound very well also in Windows. However, the Breeze Audio has never stopped working in HQP Embedded. Just make sure everything’s turned on before booting HQP, it finds and makes it run.

You could email me a HQPlayer log file of attempting to play through the Singxer.

Do I understand correctly that some other device is working fine with the same HQPlayer machine?

Hi Jussi, and thanks for your reply. Yes I have a converter that carry several names, essentially an USB → EAS3, SPDIF, Toslink converter including a XMOS 208. It works. And works fine after modification of electrical design flaws in the ground system and power supply system. The reason for trying the Singxer is to see how far a better design of galvanic isolation can take sound quality.

How do I retrieve the log file? I am no Linuz guy, hence the lazy plug’n’play HQP Embedded image.

When the log is enabled (and system restarted to gather a full log), you can view the log through the “Log” link at bottom of the page (front page or any of the other pages). Essentially it points to /log URL.

Please do not send logs here as that just adds unnecessary noise to the forum, instead send it over email.

Jussi, you got mail :slight_smile:

As always a completely logic answer to a noob that cannot see what needs to be changed to make it work, Jussi is the man … :heartpulse:
One of these years, I perhaps will learn the tiny details of the software to make things work…

1 Like