Description My Setup
Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
- Pinkfaun 2.16X Server, running on Audiolinux, AMD 7 3700 processor, 16GB RAM, 1 HD Samsung SSD 250GB for Roon + 2nd HD Samsung 4TB SSD for local music
- Roon version 1.8 build: 850
- HQPlayer: HQPlayer Embedded 4.24.0
Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
- iPad Air 2 – 64GB - running iPadOS 14.4 - Roon build: 795
- Samsung S10e – running Android version 11 kernel 4.14.113-20607146 – Roon version 1.8 build: 795
- PC running Windows 10 Pro - Intel(R) Core™ i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz Ram 8GB, Roon version 1.8 build: 795
Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
- Ethernet & Wifi Mesh network built on 3 * Asus Zenwifi XT8
- Connected to Service Provider modem
- Speedtest connection speed ethernet 93Mbps download – 18Mbps upload
- Roon Core connected via ethernet, Remote PC connected via ethernet
- Mobile Remotes connected via Wifi
Audio devices in use
- T+A 8 DSD connected to Roon Core, using HQPlayerEmbedded, connected via USB
- Endpoints : 1 * Logitech Squeezebox Touch , connected via Wifi
- Local library on separate internal SSD 4TB harddisk in Roon Server
- Qobuz Hi-fi Sublime streaming service
- 64321 tracks (4204 albums – 2332 local, 1872 Qobuz)
- Location 1 : System disk 250Gb on Core Machine
- Location 2 : USB disk connected to Core Machine - 2GB capacity
- Location 3 : Synology NAS 10,8 TB capacity
Location 4 : USB disk connected to Synology NAS - 7,2 TB capacity
After upgrading my Roon Server, running Audiolinux, to release 1.8 build 850, I cannot use Volume settings with HQPLayer anymore. Volume is always defined as fixed (at 0 dB).
The startup volume as specified in HQPlayer settings (-6dB in my case) are not taking into account anymore.
I cannot enter any value here:
And yes, I have restarted (a couple of times) my whole setup.
Update : same problem with Roon 1.8 build 831 on Windows.