NUC i5 Win10 8Gb RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired Orbi

Connected Audio Devices

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge

Number of Tracks in Library

Streaming only

Description of Issue

I have Roon on my NUC, which works with a network attached Brooklyn Bridge. I have been trying to evaluate HQPlayer, which is seen as a Roon zone. However, in the HQPlayer setup, when I change to the backend to network adapter, the device field is grayed out, so I can’t find any way to connect to my BB.

I realise that this is more of an HQPlayer issue, but they seem to have limited support, so I’d be grateful for any suggestions.

I have zero experience with HQPlayer, but as far as I know, in your configuration, Roon sends RAAT to HQPlayer, which then tries to send music in the NAA format over the network to endpoints. I assume the Brooklyn Bridge doesn’t accept NAA. So your only option is to stream over usb.
@jussi_laako is the developer of HQ Player and very active on this forum, so he might be able to confirm if I’m right or talking nonsense.

Moved to #audio-gear-talk:hq-player section of the forum, @jussi_laako will see it here.

Thank you.

1 Like

Roon uses HQPlayer specific protocol for communicating with HQPlayer.

AFAIK, that is the case. At least in the past Brooklyn Bridge didn’t support NAA protocol.

Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.