Hugo 2 + 2Go battery life

I’m not an owner yet and I very much doubt that this will ever matter to me in practice so this question is mostly to satisfy my curiosity and certainly isn’t a factor in my decision but…

The Chord2Go has an advertised battery life of 12 hours and the Hugo 2 I think is 7 hours; even if that number is slightly wrong it’s definitely rated as lower than the 2Go. Does that mean that the effective battery life of the combo is 7 hours, i.e. limited by the Hugo 2, or when they are connected together are the batteries bridged (there are both power and data connectors between them after all) so the composite battery life ends up being somewhere in between the Hugo2 and 2Go battery life?

As I said, I’m just curious but would be interested to know the answer if anyone does know.

If it’s anything like mojo/poly then yes the combo will run out if you are using them together. I’m guessing you can separate them and just use the Hugo as a normal headphone amp until that runs out but that would defeat the object.

1 Like

Connected the mojo poly run out when the streamer runs out.

1 Like

I have a Hugo 2 + 2Go. The 2Go will last longer than the Hugo 2, so is effectively limited by the Hugo 2 conking out. The batteries are NOT bridged.

Also, the max I’ve gotten on the Hugo 2 is in the 4.5-5 hours area. Mine has never come close to getting seven hours…

1 Like

Thanks. That’s really helpful. Slightly disappointing, in particular the max 4.5-5 hours in real life, but as I said not really a yes/no deciding factor for me just something I was wondering about.

What headphones do you use? I imagine that headphone efficiency is a factor. I’m thinking of Meze Empyreans which have mostly very good reviews and the warmer character might be a good match for what many reviews say is the Hugo 2’s at least somewhat clean/clinical character. The good news for me is that the Empys are said to be very easy to drive.

1 Like

Primarily a Focal Stellia, which doesn’t require much juice to drive. Volume dial at maybe 25% max, after which it is too loud to listen to comfortably. I’ve also used my HEDDPhone on it, where volume is more around the 50% mark.

1 Like