I am locked out of Tidal on Roon [Resolved]

Hello,

Hoping someone can help here. I have just downloaded Roon 1.3 Build 242 64 bit. For some reason my Tidal account is no longer showing. When I try to log in to my Tidal account from the Roon Services page, I get an error message saying “Network error : Please check your connection”. As far as I can tell I have no network issues. I can log into my Tidal account directly through thier website and play music without issue. Up until now, Tidal has just worked perfectly with Roon. I have closed down Roon and restarted - when that did not work, I restarted the laptop running Roon.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chris

Try this in the last post … might be worth a shot

@wizardofoz
Thanks for the link. I have looked at the Roon files suggested in your link. The is no tidal_account file in the Core subdirectory. I have definitely got an active Tidal subscription so that should not be the problem.

I am not exactly a tech wiz so I am not sure where to go to shut down the Roon server. Is it just a matter of closing down Roon from my Window desktop?

Regards,

Chris

Lets flag @support then

I have also uninstalled Roon and re-installed it. During the setup of the new Roon, I was asked to add Tidal. I got the same message “Network error : Please check your connection” as before. Everything else on the network is working normally. Confused??

Regards,

Chris

Tidal wouldn’t work in Roon for me for a couple of days. When I opened the tidal app to see what the problem might be, Tidal wanted to update, and that took care of it.

Hi @Chris_Robinson ----- Saw the flag dropped by @wizardofoz and wanted to touch base with you to see if any progress or new observations have been made.

Please let me know, and if further assistance is required, I will be glad to lend a hand.

-Eric

@Chris_Robinson Firewall being on night be another thing to check…turn off any firewalls and see if that helps.

Thanks for the response. I am away from home for a few days so there is no progress at the moment. I will have another crack when I return.

1 Like

Tidal is back. I have just updated Roon to the latest build and when I went to start Tidal under services, it connected. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Robinson ----- Thank you for touching base with me, very please to hear TIDAL is back :slight_smile:

Happy listening!
-Eric