I can´t get Roon to play on my Kefs

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows PC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WIFI

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

KEF LS50W WIFI

Description Of Issue

I can´t get Roon to play on my kefs. The music won´t start playing and there is no sound. Roon will play on my pc where the core is. My library only contains Tidal albums.

Also my android Roon app doesn´t find my core.!

Is this the first time your using your KEF’s? If so make sure you have the latest drivers downloaded. Sometimes closing and restarting Roon can help. I have the LS50’s Wireless but only use the Ethernet connection, this has been without faults since I purchased the speakers.

2 Likes

I have had them for about 8 months. No problem whatsoever with them.

I downloaded the latest firmware. Didn´t fix the problem. Thank you anyway!!

Hi @Pathfinder,

Welcome to the forum! Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

1 Like

That’s it! That solved the problem. Thank you!

1 Like

That’s fantastic news @Pathfinder!
Hope you enjoy using Roon and Happy Holidays :fireworks:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.