I can’t get Roon to recognise my IPAD pro as a Roon Endpoint

Hi @Teck_Chang_Lim,

Are you by any chance running a VPN on the iPad/iPhone? Is the iPad/iPhone on the same network and is AP Isolation turned off? For a few ASUS Routers, we have seen the need to explicitly Enable “Multicast Routing” in the router’s settings, can you check to see if you have this option on your end?

– Noris

Hi Noris,

That did the trick. For the AC86U, there was no option for IGPM Proxy. However, when I turn on IGPM Snooping, I can connect to the Roon Core without any issues. Thanks! I will continue to monitor the situation .

1 Like

So, in this case, the second screen from the second “Mac” was from the other MacBook Pro on wireless, not the iPad Pro, correct?
That would explain why it said “Connected to this Mac” rather than “Connected to this Tablet”.
Trying to understand for future reference.
@Teck_Chang_Lim, do you see a screen that says "Connected to this Table? now?

Yes, it works fine now. Second screen was from the Macbook Pro.

Thank you. And when you are looking at your iPad Pro, does it say “Connected to this Tablet”?
Glad you were able to get the problem fixed!

Yes, “Connected to Tablet” appears :slight_smile:

Thank you. That feedback makes it helpful to learn how Roon works outside my direct experience. Enjoy!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.