I cannot play Tidal with my Roon.. Says failures

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I cannot play Tidal from my Roon software. Says to many failures

You are not giving any information about the architecture of your system, so I am just going to throw this out there. Have you gone into Roon, logged out of Tidal and then logged back in? I have experienced the same issue with Tidal and Qobuz. My set-up has my Roon core and library on a NAS connected by Ethernet to an Ethernet switch, to a router and then the modem. Sounds like a networking issue. I rebooted components one at a time and rebooting the Ethernet switch corrected my ‘too many failures’ issue.

1 Like

Same for me - yesterday I suddenly couldn’t play any track from Tidal. Today I logged out to try and login again - but despite logging in from Tidal’s webpage, there’s no change in Roon - it didn’t log me in at all…

I managed to solve it - at least, if your core is also on a QNAP device, like me.

Seems like the latest QNAP update caused severe network issues. I put in custom DNS server addresses (1.1.1.1 and the like), rebooted, and only then QNAP saw there is a hotfix update available.
After installing the update, finally I could log in to Tidal in Roon, and everything works again :blush:

Also having trouble with Tidal. I can play tracks that have a history within Roon, but if I search for something new it gives no results. Also if I click the Tidal tab within Roon I see “Mixes for you”, but if you click one the playlist is empty.

If I access the Tidal app directly I have no issues.

I’ve tried reboot of my remotes, core, etc… I’ve also removed Tidal from within Roon and then re-added it.

No success.

Hey @Steven_Burdick - so sorry for the delay here, we’d be happy to help!

Are you now able to access your TIDAL tracks?

If not, we have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

If that does not help, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks!