I cannot reconnect to Nucleus after powering down and restarting

I have been using Roon for about 18 months, and Qobuz as my music source for the last 12 months. I had to power everything down to move some things. This involved disconnecting router and such. I reconnected everything the way it had been. Done, I powered up again.

Roon cannot find the Nucleus, the Roon app tells me…

“Check network connections”

All other internet and network connections and functions are intact.

I rebooted everything, checked all the connections, checked the security settings on my Mac. With all other network and internet connections working fine, Nucleus remains elusive. I powered down the Nucleus and disconnected the power supply and the ethernet cables.

I have done everything I can think of doing. I have not however, deleted & replaced the Roon apps on my desktop or iPad.

Advice?
Thanks,
Will

Can you connect a monitor to the nucleus via HDMI and see what display messages you get when you boot up the nucleus?
This will help further trouble shooting.
Thank you!

Hi,

Your topic was moved to the support section of the forum, let see if @support can help.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks for the response(s).

I am not someone who stays conversant with the status of all the devices and connections, or even their names. I have to look up everything. Not-a-gearhead.

Just as I was stating to do so, and convinced that I had everything hooked up properly, and rebooted and all, I acted on a whim:

I deleted the Roon apps, on all devices. The I reinstalled the app and, voila, the app discovered Nucleus. So I am back in the music.

Maybe this is a tip others know about. ‘‘Twas a pleasant surprise for me, and made me chuckle.

Thanks,

Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.