I cannot share music files from Bluesound Vault 2i with Roon

Core Machine (Windows Home/Asus laptop on Wifi /Roon version 1.6 stable 64bit)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (homenetwork xs4all.nl-Fritzbox 7581 and repeater 1750E /Bluesound Pulse Soundbar 2 connected wired and by WiFi and Vault 2i wired on Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
The Pulse Soundbar 2 is wired and also connected through Wifi. The Vault 2i is wired

I have tried to share the music files that are on the Vault 2i with Roon, but I cannot create a shared folder within Roon, despite the fact that the Vault is enabled in Roon.

If I want to add the files on the Vault within Roon, but the path will not be regognized.
I have tried all kind of different path names….

what can I do to solve this? I do appreciate any support.

Frank Haselager

I don’t have a vault so I can’t tell you for sure, but see this article:

Maybe you didn’t try the exact path they show in the article. I hope it’s that simple.

If that doesn’t work, I’d recommend opening a folder on the windows machine, and click on “Network” In the collection of stuff in the left pane. Maybe you can browse to the folder to find out what it is.

It’s a shame the Blusound/NAD documentation is so pitiful.

You have a name and ip address in that example. Start with using just \\vault\share or \\192.168.1.178\share or you can try this variant smb://vault/share or smb://192.168.1.178/share

Hi @Frank_Haselager,

If you use that same exact path from other machines does that work?

If you use smb://192.168.178.32/share is there any change?

Is there a username or password on the device that you can enter here?

Hi everybody thanks for the responses. \ipadres\music did the trick! I appreciate all your kind responses! Solved!! Frank

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.