I can't connect to Nucleus. My ipad app can't find it

I’m trying to listen to Roon, but my ipad won’t connect to Nucleus. They are on the same network, but it does not connect. I looked for it by OS web and yes access, but information about Roon server software and ethernet does not appear. I already tried to do the network reset, but still the same. I don’t know how to do the rest factory.

###I changed it to another network and still the same.

Hi Francisco,

Sorry to hear you are having connection issues. Can you fill out the form below to help Support.

Thank you!

==================================================================

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Are they on the same sub net

What are the IP addresses

ROON CORE
NUCLEUS OS: ROONOS 1.1 (BUILD 227) STABLE
NETWORKING GEAR
ZTE HTTP://192.168.1.14. ETHERNET
CONENECTES
IPAD PRO 5 GENERATION TO NUCLEUS TO DD DENAFRIPS HERMES USB
DD HERMES TO DAC TERMINATOR HDMI
TERMINATOR TO XP20 PASS LABS
NUMBER OF TRACKS IN LIBRARY
ABOUT 500 SONGS IN SDD
DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE
Last sunday i wanted to listen to music on tidal, but my ipad wouldn’t connect to nucleus. They were on the same network, but he couldn’t locate the nucleus. I entered nucleus through the IP on the web and if the device appeared, but I could not connect. I did a reboot and it takes a long time to reload, apparently it’s fine, but the app was still not detecting the nucleus. Connect the cores via hdmi to a screen and appreciate all the information, change the network to test (ethernet) and still did not connect. I read in the forum that it could be a network problem and if I connected a keyboard I could reset the network, typing resetnetwork, I did it, apparently it did, I returned to the ipad and the APP did not detect it.
I tried to do the reinstallation of the operating system, but it took a long time, about 2 hours and it seemed to load. I did a refresh in the browser to check if it hadn’t been thinking and it seemed like the nucleus connection again, but Roon Server Software no longer appeared, Roon database without information and the network information did not appear. I tried to reset database and it didn’t work and it stayed that way. The App does not recognize it but the web does, but Networking information does not appear. Photos attached. thanks

The current IP address is 192.168.1.14 in the photos it shows the other network that I tried.
The iPad and the nucleus are on the same network

Thanks

The photo of the Web Administration Page shows that the Roon database is not ready, and the Networking section is blank.

These errors are indicative of a failed SSD.

Is your Nucleus still within the 2 year warranty, and did you purchase it from a dealer, or direct from Roon Labs?

Your answers will help @support to take the next steps. Thanks, and sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

1 Like

Hello @Francisco_Ochoa ,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. @Geoff_Coupe is indeed correct here, this screenshot indicates an SSD failure:

I will reach out to you via private message (green 1 in the notifications area on the forum) for purchase and shipping details, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.