I can't control Roon Core from other devices since I replaced my modem and router

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 PC, Roon Version 1.7 build 610 stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Blu Curve Gateway x86 modem/router using an ASUS RT-N66U in wireless brige mode

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Ethernet cable from ASUS RT-N66U to Sonore MicroRendu

Description Of Issue
I can’t control Roon Core from other devices since I replaced my modem and router.

I can play tracks on the MicroRendu, a Macbook Air, iPad and iPhone6s but only by using the Roon Core PC as the controller.

I would like to talk to a person from Roon’s @support.
How will you contact me?
Thanks

Hi @Peter_Samuels,

We handle most of support right here on this forum, so you’re in the right place!

What other device are you using to try to connect to the Roon Core?

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Since you are using an Asus Router, I would also check the settings listed in Networking Best Practices Guide:

ASUS Routers

We recommend enabling “Enable Multicast Routing” option in settings.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.