I can't find my backed up playlist

I can’t find my backed up playlist. I followed the instructions from the user guides on backing up my library, when I rebooted room to try to get it online albums artist ATC came up but no playlist. I followed the backup instructions in the used guide by going to finder, go, and library. After selecting the roon library I get a choice of cache database logs settings and temp. What do I do now to get my playlists back

To make a backup, you’ll want to backup the whole Roon folder. Is that what you did? Or something else?

Mike, many thanks for your prompt reply

In an attempt to backup up roon I dragged the roon folder to my desktop on my imac. When I click on it I get the items I listed

I tried to drag it to a flash drive and that didn’t work. I have the whole mac system backed up on an external hard drive. Can I get the playlists from there? If so how can I get them to roon?

How should have I backed it up?

I should add that this all started when I rebooted my i mac in an attempt to get it to recognize a couple of endpoints. When it rebooted I had to start all over with roon as if I was a new user. However when it came up all my albums came up

Any help would be appreciated.

Warren

Hi @warren_kice ----- If you want to backup your DB, this is the procedure you should follow moving forward.

You mention the following…

" I have the whole mac system backed up on an external hard drive. Can I get the playlists from there? If so how can I get them to roon?"

Does this backup include a copy of a previously saved version of your Roon folder?

-Eric

Eric I do not know if the back up on my iMac includes the previously saved versions of the Roon folder. All I know is I have the iMac on automatic backup of everything. Can you help me on this?

Also would an upgrade it to Roon 1.3 help me get my remotes working and my playlist back? Finally what do you think of you taking control of my iMac via a remote access system as set forth in a previous posting.