I cant get my new Nucleus to work

Hi I’recently purchased the smaller Nucleus and am having trouble connecting it into my network. I’ve spent 8 days now reading and rereading the manual and asking for advice from the Community but haven’t got anywhere.

So my setup is as follows,

Nucleus with a 2tb ssd installed. I have copied all of the music I have from external hard drive into the ssd

My Nucleus is connected to my network by ethernet cable.

I have connected my CambridgeAudio streamerCXNv2 to the Nucleus using a USB cable.

My laptop which has Roon running can’t find the Roon core. My streamer has the following message.

Roon Ready

Play audio by selecting CXNv2 as your Roon Ready output device.

Where do I select output device. I’m sure its something simple that I’m

missing but don’t know where to start

Hi @Gary_Grien,

This sounds like the main issue at hand. What kind of laptop are you using, is it a Windows one? If so - I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Thanks for that. I’m running a Mac plus have a couple of iPads that Ive put Roon and Tidal onto them. I was able to run my music from my iMac into Roon with wifi into my Cambridge Audio CXNv2

Thanks for the help. I seem to have it working at last. Not completely sure what I did or if I know how to repeat it but hopefully all will be well.

Cheers
Gary

Hi @Gary_Grien,

Glad to hear you’re up and running! If you have any further issues, please do let us know, and in case you haven’t seen this yet, I would recommend looking over our Nucleus Manual when you’re getting started: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Nucleus_Manual

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.