I describe a fully successful update (There aren't many such reports)

The pool was done in the context of all the complaints about 1.8. Your grouping, although I guess tongue-in-cheek, makes no sense from that perspective. If you’re neutral, not likely your complaining, so shouldn’t be grouped with those that are.

No, you’re inferring way too much from that data, which was an overall temperature test. In fact you can infer absolutely zero about how successful your install was from that poll.

This is a good post.

Congratulating yourself on your post??? Ok.

Even if you eliminate neutral the poll is over 2 to 1 like versus dislike, defies logic to think that you’d be in the positive camp if you had a crappy experience upgrading. But in any case not going soon a rathole here, The data speaks for itself. Read it anyway you like.

It says absolutely nothing about successful updates. If you want to know about successful updates, poll it.

It really is that sample.

It was a rhetorical device designed to be mildly amusing, but I guess conversing with strangers on the internet isn’t necessarily going to convey one’s sense of humour.

Worked perfectly on my Nucleus (V.a) and iPad.

I updated my Nucleus to version 1.8 on the day it was released and also the Control App on my iPad. I use a small system with 3 zones , 2 of which are based on a Naim Muso and a Muso Qb, with the main endpoint a Naim NDX2. The update went without a hitch and I prefer the new UI including portrait mode. My music is mostly CDs stored on a Naim Uniti Core and a Quobuz subscription. I recently added a Melco EX and prefer using Roon to control it rather than the Naim App/ Minimserver combination which I find very clunky. Entirely satisfied.

Antipodes DX Gen 3 updated seamlessly it took a minute to update the database. Roon Works great, love the sound. Less sharp edges and good acuity and musicality. Actually have never had a problem with any update yet.

1 Like

My update to 1.8 was quick & painless !!
Pretty much like a normal update.
I’m using a Roon NUC + and a Roon ready ( Lumen T2 ) advanced transport.