I don’t like 1.8 - it feels like a massive failure

Roon 1.8 non funziona con IPad , Settings non funziona.

3 Likes

As a QA engineer I’m pretty blown away at releasing a product in this condition. I don’t understand how dozens of bugs weren’t observable internally and throughout beta testing. I also think inviting a bunch of us into beta testing 2 business days before launching is about the least strategic use of expanded beta testing I’ve ever encountered.

The more modern appearance is great, but it sacrificed every other aspect of quality. And that is something I can’t comprehend.

22 Likes

Certo, funziona, però solo in inglese (como lingua sul ipad).

1 Like

If you are looking for help solving your issues, please elaborate on the problems: what you are seeing, what you were doing, screenshots, etc.

If your purpose is just to huff and puff, well, good job!

2 Likes

I still have simple bugs that can be reproduced daily for 2 years they are aware of and not fixing. Bug fixes from Roon are slow if they ever come. So I can understand the frustration.

4 Likes

Prova a cambiare la lingua del dispositivo iOS in inglese. In questo modo settings lavora.

@Klaus_Rudolph thank you very much I totally agree! Particularly thank you for pointing out Audioirvana might be a good (at least functioning) alternative. What’s the point of having a super-fancy layout if basic database functions do not work!? That’s not worth 120 per year. The issue has already been raised last October ( Search does not find all related albums ) but nothing has been done about it.

3 Likes

I have been waiting for two years for Roon to improve the most important function, i.e. finding the available albums.
By the way, this is a problem that has been discussed here over and over again.
Instead, a completely unstable version is thrown on the market.
And anyway, how should one represent the first-mentioned problem by screenshot?
I press the Settings function in the menu, and the program disappears from the screen and has to be restarted.
If 1.8 had been introduced as a beta version, one could have expected problems.
And don’t tell me that the developers had no idea about these bugs.
This program is anything but cheap, so the offered should correspond to the price.

5 Likes

Dear MRas,
In fairness, I must say that Audirvana also has problems.
On my system (Apple) it runs very unstable, often has problems starting.
I have just downloaded an update, and will now see if there is any improvement.

Remember to stop auto install for the Roon app on iPad if you haven’t done so. I forgot, and so my iPad is now useless as a Roon (1.7) control point.

Luckily, I have a couple of Windows 10 devices I can use instead.

So far I love the new look. Also no bugs that I have been able to discern. Nice work Roon.

7 Likes

My subscription was due a couple of weeks before th e1.8 update, otherwise I would have done th esame!

1 Like

Please check if it is still a valid term of money back when terminate subscription.

Upgrade was a breeze on all devices, I like the new look and feel, it still sounds amazing…
Core on Linux Mint
W10 remote
Samsung phone remote
Samsung tablet remote

1 Like

I beg to differ. There are what maybe 20-30K paying users of Roon if we believe that all Roon community site users are also (still) subscribers and then some? That means an annual revenue of maybe 2-3M USD. I doubt that they get much licensing fees from hardware manufacturers. It is chop change. They probably have a team of maybe 25-30 people, 2/3 of these business, accounting, sales, support, but very few actual coders, maybe they have even outsourced this. I don’t see how they could afford to get enough manpower to work this many problems out. Companies of this size resolve problems like these around 2-3 a week, not 2-3 an hour.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Roon crashing, no TIDAL integration

Well, I use Roon on a Android mobile phone - AND I am disappointed as well. 1.7 was almost perfect for me. Now 1.8 is cluttered and wasting space all over.

1 Like

100,000 …

@Chris_KA I’ve not updated not 1.8 yet. Can you explain the tag function issue more please. How has it changed?

Yeah, and if I am honest, Roon still makes it sound great, even in 1.8. At least there’s that!