I have an issue with sudden pink noise

Tried making a support topic but it did not go as I wanted so I’ll make it here, feel free to move this topic to correct thread.

I have a video showing what happens here:

This has never happened before, and today it happens randomly every few seconds or minutes in between.
I’ve always had some dropouts and it’s normal, but that screeching pink noise is so loud we almost ■■■■ our pants every time.

Gigabit fiber, 3xTP-Link BE65 everything with lan cables.
Roon on Ryzen 5800X 32gb 3600mhz memory and m.2 drives.
Only streaming Qobuz.
iFi Zen Stream coax to Marantz 7015.

Hi Jim. Yes I know, the support thingy was misleading for the reader. I’m not in a hurry, just threw it up here for anyone to check out. They can move this topic or delete it if they want to.

Hi @Sebastian_Harila,

Thank you for the report. We’ve activated diagnostics for your account so we can take a closer look. At your convenience, please:

1. Turn on RoonServer and, if you’re willing (and prepared with a volume attenuator!) try to reproduce the issue.
  2. Share a timestamp with us here or the name of the track that played. Logs should automatically upload to our servers and our team will take a look.
  3. Lastly, please share a screenshot of the Signal Path within Roon when this occurs. We’d like to see whether any DSP has been applied through MUSE, and what transcoding might be occurring.

Our support team will keep a lookout for your response and reply as soon as we can. Thank you!

1 Like

Will do Connor! Thank you!

I found the Issue (I think).
Could not reproduce the sudden pink noise but found something else, there’s ISP issues in Sweden at the moment, they come and go it seems.
Not sure if that could produce “dangerous” bit drops or faulty packets to make loud pink noise.
I provided a picture, there you can see unstable connection and latency.

The pink noise happened now, 10:56 in the morning Swedish time, the song that was playing:
" Fred again…, BERWYN, Gesaffelstein ".
When it happened before it didn’t matter what song was playing.

I’m guessing it’s the ISP issues, but still want to know why it sounds like that, if it’s corrupt packets or something else.

Hi @Sebastian_Harila,

Thanks for the follow up! Based on your report, we were able to review the timestamp from a fresh Roon Server diagnostic report, and indeed see network throttling taking place, also affecting the buffering of the Fred again track (great song btw!) :

Trace: [zoneplayer/hqplayer] State transition WaitForHttp => Disconnected
Trace: [zoneplayer/hqplayer] State transition Disconnected => Stopped
Info: FTMSI-B qo/AB76E2C0: allocated bw changed from 51200 to 0 kbps
Trace: [assblasta] [Enhanced, 24/44 QOBUZ FLAC => 24/44] [1% buf] [STOPPED @ 0:00] BerwynGesaffNeighbours - Fred again.. / BERWYN / Gesaffelstein

I would agree that ISP issues may be behind your issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.