I have lost access to my Nucleus device

Roon Core Machine

I have an Ausus windows 10 PC that now seems to be functioning as my core. I also have an Apple Ipad to access my Roon Nucleus.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I have recently changed my network and probably disconnected the Nucleus from the network.

Connected Audio Devices

lots of SONOS as well as HDMI into my main system

Number of Tracks in Library

10000 plus

Description of Issue

I recently changed my network and wifi and expect I dropped off my Nucleus at this time. In trying to add it to the network I must have swapped out the Nucleus for the PC which I had set up as a remote to access and store my files. It was originally the PC that I had set up prior to purchasing the Nucleus. Now when I search for the Nucleus I can only see the Asus PC and Roon account says I can only have one core as only one license. I want to remove the Asus as the core and reauthorize my Nucleus but can not seem to find out how best to do this.
When I try to access Roon via the Roon app on the iPad it says searching for core and never finds it same for the PC they only find the Asus.

Is there a way to reset to factory defaults and reconfigure or is there another easier way to resolve my mistake. Thanks

What happens if you de-authorize the PC. Do you get a choice to authorize the Nucleus?

When you changed networks did the address range change? If not, then that’s not the problem.

Did you set a static address on the Nucleus?

If you enter //nucleus.local into a browser, what happens?

Alternatively, can you connect a monitor to your Nucleus and see the messages at boot time. If so, what address is the Nucleus using?

Alternative alternatively, does your Nucleus show as a device in your router software?

I do not seem to be able to delete the Asus PC as core as soon as I open Roon it goes to that device as core.

when I enter //nucleus.local into a browser, it does not find anything.

Will need to follow up on other suggestions thanks

You can disconnect from the Asus in Settings==>General.

That won’t help if you can’t find the Nucleus.

Hi @David_Burden,

I can confirm that Roon no longer sees your Nucleus. Please follow up on the connecting Nucleus to a monitor or TV via HDMI suggestion. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.