I have lost all audio devices

I have lost all audio devices.
If I install a new core, everything is fine again.
If I reload my latest backup, all audio devices are lost again. As I want to save the many entries I made, I want to keep this backup.
Any solution?

Moved to the support area.
Please give information on your server, network etc.

My server is QNAP TS253A, Network is Fritzbox 7390.

Hey @Georg_Kreymann thank you for reaching out to Community so that we can assist you! I received your email requests and sent a few replies, but I’m not sure if you’ve received them.

I’ll provide a brief overview of what I outlined in my emails for your reference in case you want to continue the conversation here:

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall. You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

As a second step, you’re using a Fritz router; the FRITZ OS 7 update includes a feature called “Software Packet Acceleration” that can cause issues with connectivity. We recommend disabling this setting from the FRITZ GUI. Did that help to bring the devices back?

As a third step: I know that you stated that you’ve already renamed RAATServer, but we’d like to have you try a full regeneration of the RoonServer folder, then restore from an earlier backup. If you have any backups from before you ran into this issue, use that backup in step 5.

• Create a backup of your Roon database
  • Close RoonServer
  • Rename the RoonServer folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Launch Roon
  • Restore Roon from your backup

If that doesn’t help, could you share some more information about how your Core and endpoints are connected to the network? Are they connected via WiFi or ethernet? What cable types are you using?

Thanks! :pray:t3:

Hy Ashley,
sorry for coming back so late, I was very busy this week,
I just want to point out, that the problem of missing audio devices appeared immediately after build 898 was installed (like many other users report).
So, it is not the firewall (which I turned off), nor my cables (Audioquest Forest), nor my network.
I definitely think the problem is build 898 and I appreciate every help.
Kind regards
Georg

Thanks for getting back - no worries about the timeframe!

While the time of events may have happened around the release date of the latest version of Roon, we are not aware of any issues pertaining to missing audio devices (we did have a similar issue that was affecting Turkish users, but that has since been resolved). We would absolutely love to help find a solution and get the audio devices back so that you can continue to enjoy Roon! In order to do so, we’ll need to determine where the issue lies.

I see that you stated that the firewall and cables are not causing the issue - were you able to take a look at my other suggestions and give them a try?

Thanks!

Ashley, in the mean time I did what I learned from other contributions to support: I turned my core completely off for a while and all audio devices reappeared mysteriously. (the reason???)
Thanks for your help again
Georg

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Georg_Kreymann! Sometimes, that is all that’s needed to allow your devices to communicate properly with one another once again - I’m so glad that completing that helped!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.